• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Dual Monitors... Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:26 PM

Duh,

I used to play Quake3 on 3 (three!) monitors. Worked like a charm. Set fov to 120 and use custom height/width. for great handling of more than 1 monitor-desktops use: UltraMon - www.ultramon.com

cheers!

#12 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:09 PM

Does this work no matter what os u use? ie xp?

#13 User is offline   Demiurgos (old) Icon

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:05 AM

Well if you're gonna use more than one monitor for gaming, esp FPS' you're gonna need an odd number of monitors, so you don't get the crosshair inbetween two monitors.

#14 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:24 PM

[quote name='"Demiurgos"]Well if you're gonna use more than one monitor for gaming' date=' esp FPS' you're gonna need an odd number of monitors, so you don't get the crosshair inbetween two monitors.[/quote']

Tehe... how do u mean m8? Can u explain in a simple way ;)

#15 User is offline   Demiurgos (old) Icon

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:25 PM

Well by "odd" I meant the mathematical version of "odd", not like "weird", e.g. 1, 3, 5, 7 etc. If you have an even number of monitors it's not gonna work too good.
Of course, your crosshair is in the middle of your monitor, or your "virtual" monitor if you have several ones. So if you have two (or four or six etc.) monitors (with the same resolution I hope, or it's going to get really really funny) the middle of your "virtual" monitor will be in the crack between the two monitors. I haven't tried it myself, but I'd imagine it's not really all that great trying to aim with.

If you were being sarcastic or something, and didn't really need an explenation, tell me, and I'll laugh politely. Or if I am as tired as I feel and wrote that as badly as I feel, tell me and I'll smack my head, and also drink even more coffee.

*goes to find even more coffee*

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 30 June 2004 - 01:47 AM

Well by "odd" I meant the mathematical version of "odd", not like "weird", e.g. 1, 3, 5, 7 etc. If you have an even number of monitors it's not gonna work too good.
Of course, your crosshair is in the middle of your monitor, or your "virtual" monitor if you have several ones. So if you have two (or four or six etc.) monitors (with the same resolution I hope, or it's going to get really really funny) the middle of your "virtual" monitor will be in the crack between the two monitors. I haven't tried it myself, but I'd imagine it's not really all that great trying to aim with.

If you were being sarcastic or something, and didn't really need an explenation, tell me, and I'll laugh politely. Or if I am as tired as I feel and wrote that as badly as I feel, tell me and I'll smack my head, and also drink even more coffee.

*goes to find even more coffee*

Naah... I wasnt sarcastic at all... I have thought about this for a while so I really wanna know, havent tested yet but i sure will... I really h8 when i must adjust ie ventrilo when im middle in a game so if this work i would be very glad. Ty for your explanation, sure needed it :)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942