• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

more bots for maps in UT 4.1 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   Eettuu (old) Icon

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

So, just to make sure..

1. This doens tcontain any viruses or trojans?
2. This will let me play with bots WITHOUT crashing the game when the bot gets damaged/damages me?
3. I dont have to do nothing else then download this?
4. This surely works?

#22 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:28 PM

1: No.
2: It changes nothing about the fact that bots are unsupported and might cause crashes.
3: You need to clean your room :P
4: Yes, it works, but doesn't do much:
-One file just adds the possibility to load bots for certain maps that didn't have that possibility before.
-The other file just adds certain maps to the menu, but they were already selectable through the console before.

#23 User is offline   Prodigy (old) Icon

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

1. This doens tcontain any viruses or trojans?

I see my first post was pointless.

#24 User is offline   Eettuu (old) Icon

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

1: No.
2: It changes nothing about the fact that bots are unsupported and might cause crashes.
3: You need to clean your room :P
4: Yes, it works, but doesn't do much:
-One file just adds the possibility to load bots for certain maps that didn't have that possibility before.
-The other file just adds certain maps to the menu, but they were already selectable through the console before.

So the only thing this Add-on does is to get me the possibility to add bots on a map that you couldnt before... AND disables this function in some maps, AND doesnt do anything about the fact that the game crashes immideatly when you come in face-to-face with the bot.

I see no point in this really...

I see my first post was pointless.

Haha, sorry. I guess i should have read more closely...  :roll:

#25 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

It gets you the ability to add bots in some maps where you couldn't before. It adds certain maps to menu items where they weren't showing before. It disables no functions in any maps. But it doesn't change crashing.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Eettuu (old) Icon

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:23 AM

Still i dont see any point in this really...

I came here to see a program that does so i can actually play with Bots... But this one doesnt do much...

#27 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

Just because it has no use for you personally, other people might like it. The world is not about only you ;)

#28 User is offline   Eettuu (old) Icon

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:19 AM

True true.  :lol:

Tho i still dont understand what good this is but who cares.  :roll:

#29 User is offline   JimmyLaz (old) Icon

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:03 PM

Just want to report my findings and verify what I'm experiencing.  Canoas' bot activation works, yes, but bot's more or less stand around and wait to be shot before reacting. My experiences after checking all his maps below and running 6 bots of varied skills was the same.  They do appear, the map does load, you can addbots, etc, but they just stand around -- seemingly without a path to follow.

Here's a list, basically not worth installing unless you want to walk thru a map with bots standing at spawn points shooting you.  Beneath the quote I put my favorite ways to use bots in general.

The other add-on adds the files for bot support for the following maps:
- Ambush  <--- bots do nothing
- Crossing  <-- little action but again, they don't want to budge
- Eagle  <-- would be awesome but nope, very little action
- Elgin  <-- real bad, they load but stand there
- Kingdom  <-- little to no action from bots
- Oildepot  <-- works okay but they won't climb and you'll probably crash
- Snoppis  <-- this is the best one, lots of action (because its flat with no walls)
- The Bath  ???
- Tunis  <-- boooring

Before his map-pack I found the only maps for bot-war "free for all" that worked for longer than 10 minutes are as follows, unless specified all these map provide a solid gaming experience with 6 bots:

ramelle*
subway***
firingrange***
riyadh***
toxic**
mandolin
uptown***
algiers
austria***
abbey***
sanctuary*

*these maps will crash if you have multiple high skill level bots and gravity low, within 5-10 minutes in
** bots take little initiative
*** recommended for ffa

I can play indefinately, most of the time I wont crash if I follow these rules:

1.Try to only use 1 and 5 for skill levels and don't create more than 2 5's. (skill levels 2,3,4 are usually not defined for the bots"Mantis","Cockroach","Scarab", etc, all have 1 and 5 defined in their .pk files, not 2,3,4 usually.  Pro's, check in their .pk3's if you want to see who has 2's,3's,4's defined.  Having more than one "5" leads to games that crash between 5-10 minutes in.)

2.Keep the games around 12 minutes and run a server through console (OS X ppl) not through the "start server" button.

3.Put those maps in the mapcycle.txt file

4.If you must mess with gravity, do so for a few minutes.  Servers will crash when bots fire from the sky passed a dead zone.  Let gravity down if you had it up for a few minutes.

5.add this to your server.cfg file --> set g_spskill "3"

6."Free For All" mode has the most maps that work.  Very few allow "capture the flag "good enough to play and less work on "Team Deathmatch" besides Abbey CTF, which was made with the bot behaviours in mind.  If you want a bot enabled game for other modes you are straight out of luck (bomb mode, follow the leader, etc, have zero compatability, bots will taunt each other for hours and do nothing)

7.Make a bot.cfg file and put the command "exec bot.cfg" in your server.cfg file so bots are loaded when the game is.  Remember if you like this tip, that you will need another instance of ut running to play the server game which should show up in "Play Online".

-----------------

Canoas did a great job getting the other maps to even recognize "addbot" but someone with the smarts should really get them motivated.  I'd love to play Eagle with smart bots.

#30 User is offline   Creation Icon

• Account: creation

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

I did not tried the add-ons yet, i just downloaded them for a single purpose. I have scanned the archives with KAV7 and SpyHunter and for all those of you that suspected a virus inside them and guess what : NO VIRUSES !

Advice: if you suspect a file that may contain viruses but you do own a good antivirus+antispy just download the archive and scan it ;) it take only a few seconds of your time.

I will post a test result after using the add-ons ;)

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942