• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_basicjumps_a3 [WIP] Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:52 AM

Since ive dumped this out on urtjumpers i may as well let anyone else who wants to try an easy map have a go.

There are a few things wrong on this map.  Several place you can injure yourself, and probably textures missing in places (not that i could find any).  There is no lighting done yet, so its ambient or whatever you want call it.  Lots more for me to do, and i need to add at least another 10 jumps to it.

So anyway, 12 jumps and not really all that challenging for the pros on here.

Have fun with it.

ut4_basicjumps_a3.pk3

#2 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

i finally made a 3rd copy of my urt and removed all maps from it. that way i can just add my newly made pk3 to that and there are no other maps that can be replacing the missing texture. its worth doing.

#3 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

For my next map ive gone radical and deleted all the game textures and there corresponding shader files, so im left with the common.shader stuff, and my own custom shaders and textures.

If i do it all by hand i can maybe avoid weird happenings and clashes.

So far its working happily. :)

This map has been shoved on the back burner for now.  Also i created it using a 0.25 grid so most of it is shafted according to you guys.

#4 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 16 February 2009 - 01:29 AM

dont do that, just create your own folder and only use textures in that folder

#5 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:01 AM

if you delete the game textures and shaders then you wont know if you have a conflict with those, just use a clean install of urt without any 3rd party maps

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:07 AM

But by removing them and making my own shaders would that not be the best way to avoid conflicts.  Since i then cease to use the in-game ones and force to use mine, therefore avoiding screw ups and missing textures.

I find it easier to just code my own stuff by hand, and i hate all the freakin directories that get loaded each time i go looking for a texture.  If i have to caulk something then pick some other texture from my own set im scrolling back and forth between common and my directory which is in the M's.  Its gotten so annoying ive written my own caulk shader and put that in a directory off my own.  I may as well do the same for the other shaders i use from common.

Also FTR, i use a very clean urt install, its seperate just for mapping.  Nothing but the default zpak stuff.

Also i would love my maps to work in standard quake 3 as well as urt, if i use only my own textures it will be easier to port stuff between the two.

After all the crap i went through putting basicjumps_a3 out i came to a few realisations.

#7 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:38 AM

well i was always referring to the test version of urt, didnt know you were talking about your mapping version  :lol:

#8 User is offline   wraith4.x (old) Icon

• Urban Soul
  • Locationthe depths

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

status? :mrgreen:

#9 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:08 AM

LoL.

Status at present is on hold due to family stuff.

I added 2 new jumps to it, but i still havent touched the lighting, as its a PITA. :)

Also i started a CTF map on the side, but its to big, like really to big, like laberinto x2 to big.

Also working on a jumping race map of sorts, that wont be hard, but will be designed more for continuity, than dodgy hard jumps.

Oh and Lee, FTR, the custom build environment is ace, only common shaders are left from the original, and a lot of my problems seem to have disappeared.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942