• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Icy Jumps V (a) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:06 AM

http://daffy.nerius...._icyjumps5a.pk3

FYI this map is about 33 megabytes in size.  The uncompressed BSP file is 41 megabytes in size.  The map file, which is included in the pk3, contains over 16,000 brushes.  There are many hidden secrets in this map.

EDIT: There have been reports (from at least one server admin) that having ut4_icyjumps5a on a server that has many other third party maps installed may cause some client-side connect issues, with an error message along the lines of "ERROR: CL_ParseGamestate: bad command byte".  However, a server configuration with only a few maps and including ut4_icyjumps5a has been tested with 32 players and is known to work flawlessly.

EDIT2: This morning I experienced a server crash while the map was ut4_icyjumps5a, and a vote for reload passed.  The message in the server console was along the lines of "ERROR: Netchan_Transmit: length = 16385".  The crash caused the server process to grind to a halt but not exit, which is pretty bad, making the server unresponsive.  This sort of error has happened before at early stages of development, and the problem seems to only have happened when a cycle/reload vote passed, and right around the time when the server was full (32 players).  My recommendation to server admins is to be cautious when putting this map on a server, and to limit the number of players to 24 or 16.

EDIT3: Well my server with 32 slots has been running for a week now, only map in the cycle is Icy5a.  Callvote reload and restart are disabled, and so are cyclemap and map.  The server has had 32 players on it for some of the time.  No crashes, no problems.  So maybe crashes are caused by a combination of having cyclemap/reload/map callvoting enabled and having lots of people on the server, and having lots of third party maps on the server.  The Icy-only-voting-disabled server config will work for sure.

Please delete all previous versions of Icy Jumps V, including all test builds (if you have any) and the old ut4_icyjumps5.pk3 before you download this map.  THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT FOR SERVER ADMINS - IF YOU HAVE AN OLD VERSION OF ICY JUMPS V SITTING AROUND YOU WILL GET SHADER AND RESOURCE CONFLICTS.  Icy Jumps 1 through 4 will not conflict with this map however.

Please note that this map uses some copyrighted audios (I done a bad thing, George).

There is an Icy Jumps website at http://www.icyjumps.com/ .

The official Icy Jumps server is 206.251.244.51:27961 (|KSA| Icy Jump Zone).

Screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have fun kids.

#2 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:34 AM

The uncompressed BSP file is 41 megabytes in size.

WTF!

O_o

#3 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:02 PM

WTF!

O_o

Lots of entities,dude. I recall him mentioning lots of moving parts somewhere.

#4 User is offline   Nitro (old) Icon

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

ramb  i thought you said that after icy 5 you would not being adding anymore because of the map size (hence the making of Icy Sequel) ?

I like the idea that your adding more jumps / new jumps  but i think you should  add them too icy world  or icy  icy_whatever that way there are more icy maps with different variety of jumps :)

anyways  great job on the map the jumps look sweet :)

#5 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

ramb  i thought you said that after icy 5 you would not being adding anymore because of the map size (hence the making of Icy Sequel) ?

I thought so too.  I found some problems with the shaders in Icy 5 original and so I started tweaking the map.  Soon enough, I was putting in more jumps and uploading new maps to my server.  I decided to just go for it because I really like Icy 5.  I don't like the other maps I made.  It would take an incredible amount of effort to recreate something like Icy 5, and I don't think I can do it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   orbitaldecay (old) Icon

• LocationFrederick, MD, USA

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

This looks so freaking sweet, thanks ramb

#7 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:51 AM

Link posted, see initial post.

#8 User is offline   Anomaly Icon

• Account: anomaly
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:57 AM

so whens icyworld coming out? :-P

#9 User is offline   SinfulDesires (old) Icon

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:10 PM

Hmmm... i think the fact that I can pass every jump and I know every secret has something to do with me not having a life... oh and btw, i play with the name |*KSA*|Synister! now.

#10 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

Bad news, there was a server crash on my server this morning.  I am adding and "edit2" comment to the original post, please read there for more info.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942