Urban Terror Forums: Complete Linux + GtkRadiant + UrT Mapping HOW-TO - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Complete Linux + GtkRadiant + UrT Mapping HOW-TO Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   onslaught Icon

• Account: onslaught

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:55 PM

Omg thank you thank you thank you I finally can map. This tutorial worked like a charm I tried zeroradiant and another tutorial for debian but it is totally buggy. Don't stop with the tutorials you rock. I spent hours creating textures (tile-able textures are a b***h). The test map is no longer there or i just can't read the language of that site so i will have to create a map and see but cheers! thanks a lot.

This post has been edited by onslaught: 15 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

#22 User is offline   kabam101 Icon

• Account: kabam101
  • Main tag: (BNC)

Posted 09 December 2010 - 04:22 AM

worked like a charm! I've been waiting for a linux urban terror mapping tutorial. Thanks!

#23 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 09 December 2010 - 06:10 AM

Edit: I was going to post something thinking this was in response to _my_ mapping tutorial. D'oh!
If you're interested, I have a tutorial too: http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/

This post has been edited by Rambetter: 09 December 2010 - 06:15 AM

#24 User is offline   onslaught Icon

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:58 PM

View PostRambetter, on 09 December 2010 - 06:10 AM, said:

Edit: I was going to post something thinking this was in response to _my_ mapping tutorial. D'oh!
If you're interested, I have a tutorial too: http://daffy.nerius.com/radiant/

I used your directions and these ones the editor works fine with these directions (not sure why yours kept crashing probably the radiant i downloaded or a pekac error lol) but now when i try to compile the map (which is fine in radiant) textures won't fit they all are tiled plus i would like to map for the new urt i believe the bumpy version is out is it not? how do i do this with ubuntu 10.10 i installed the 32 bit version just for urt mapping.

#25 User is offline   onslaught Icon

Posted 12 December 2010 - 01:23 AM

View Postonslaught, on 10 December 2010 - 08:58 PM, said:

I used your directions and these ones the editor works fine with these directions (not sure why yours kept crashing probably the radiant i downloaded or a pekac error lol) but now when i try to compile the map (which is fine in radiant) textures won't fit they all are tiled plus i would like to map for the new urt i believe the bumpy version is out is it not? how do i do this with ubuntu 10.10 i installed the 32 bit version just for urt mapping.

on a side note i have decided to stop playing urt until hd comes out. I realise you guys want to get the new urt right and all that but yesterday was the last straw. I was on a server playing when i was passing through what i am guessing must have been the blue spawn cause there was two players there afk i stopped and fired one round and the player shot but remained still and followed my movements. Obviously autoshoot when i brought it up the admin said i know him he is not afk.

Omg I see people all the time with obvious cheats and as long as you know the admin your good. like a youtube i posted i used /r_shownormals on it and you can see the guy following him through the building he is standing on the targeting reticle is on his head the whole time and of course as the guys head comes over the wall BLAM. Does anyone care maybe, do admins have the time to go through all the videos they receive no. Also most of the north American servers (i only play on close servers for no lag so i am not going to comment on any others) are all 24/7 servers for sr8's the sr8 is ridiculous for this game one hit to the chest or head your dead, two limb shots your dead and now we will have two of them. unless your using a 50 cal with hollow points no gun is that powerful and it shouldn't be in the game.

This may be a rant if you want to call it that but its because you have a great game here its to bad the players screw it up.

Btw new players should be welcomed but they are treated worse then the cheaters everyone pretends to despise and it is really sad because are you really going to continue making this game if no new players play it. Maybe someone should consider a teaching server and welcoming new players and teaching them instead of degrading them. And to 1up and others i play for fun i do have great aim but i do not care about score i love rushing in and taking out three or 4 players and yes i do end up with a lot of deaths when i do but its fun and that's why i am here... or was at least ... and i don't have to prove anything to you.

i still want to map so if someone could help me get a mapping editor working with the new effects from bumpy that would be great, I need it to be on linux as i do not pirate software and I am not an advocate of piracy. also if someone could show me how the bumpy shaders/effects are done i would love to try making some of my own and submitting them for everyone to use.

This post has been edited by onslaught: 12 December 2010 - 01:28 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:35 AM

Why do you mention piracy? The editors for UrT (or any quake 3 based game) are free for any platform, Windows, Mac or Linux.

#27 User is offline   DagF Icon

• Account: dagf
  • Main tag: |TNC|

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

Windows ain't free :cool:

#28 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:00 PM

But GTkRadiant is lol :P

#29 User is offline   DagF Icon

• Account: dagf
  • Main tag: |TNC|

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:14 PM

You still need windows to run GTKRadiant :P

#30 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:21 PM

No you don't, it runs fine on Linux. :P

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942