Urban Terror Forums: Complete Linux + GtkRadiant + UrT Mapping HOW-TO - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Complete Linux + GtkRadiant + UrT Mapping HOW-TO Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Kolossus Icon

• Account: kolossus

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

Exactly. As I said above, there's a version for every platform. ;D

#32 User is offline   onslaught Icon

• Account: onslaught

Posted 12 December 2010 - 05:18 PM

View PostRylius, on 12 December 2010 - 03:21 PM, said:

No you don't, it runs fine on Linux. :P

what i may need is a tutorial on shader files i don't know but as i said for doors and such my textures don't fit. I have been looking for a tutorial on shader files and the commands but to no avail. I only work in linux myself cause I find it is a much better platform for anything. radiant is working and by the looks of things there is something you have to add to radiant for the new textures to work. I just want to know if there is a new editor for urban terror hd or if it is the same one and how do i create shader files. I have an idea about lava and i am going to work on it but once i get the pictures right i need to know how to set up the shader files.

#33 User is offline   mindriot Icon

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:28 AM

Getting textures to fit can be done by hitting 's' to bring up the surface inspector. From there you can adjust the textures or hit the 'Fit' button to resize it to fit. If the textures in-game aren't following what is shown in Radiant, read this:

http://forums.urbant...933#entry283933

Shaders are for additional effects by the compiler and engine. I'm not aware of any shader tutorials. The shader manual is here:

http://www.robotrene.../shader_manual/

This post has been edited by mindriot: 13 December 2010 - 03:29 AM

#34 User is offline   chaosz Icon

• Account: chaosz

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:55 PM

Thank you for your guide! This solves another puzzle to move back to Linux (leaving only iTunes behind...grr)
Anyway, great work!

Chaosz.

#35 User is offline   onslaught Icon

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:10 AM

got the problems with urban terror solved i burned another install cd for my 32 bit partition (used strictly for mapping) and reinstalled. I figured maybe something happened when i burned the last cd seeing as that burner failed a month later (poor lg you served me well). Seems it must have been the install because i used the guide same as before and low and behold EVERYTHING WORKS. Textures fit and all woot. So once again thank you ever so much and by the way there is a shader manual link I found in one of the messages maybe it should be added to the tutorial http://www.robotrene.../shader_manual/

thanks again for all the help and woot now i can learn how to create shader files. btw if anyone knows the bumpy mapping stuff for the new maps can be added to this I have been unsuccessful finding a tutorial

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   onslaught Icon

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:18 AM

View Postonslaught, on 15 December 2010 - 09:10 AM, said:

got the problems with urban terror solved i burned another install cd for my 32 bit partition (used strictly for mapping) and reinstalled. I figured maybe something happened when i burned the last cd seeing as that burner failed a month later (poor lg you served me well). Seems it must have been the install because i used the guide same as before and low and behold EVERYTHING WORKS. Textures fit and all woot. So once again thank you ever so much and by the way there is a shader manual link I found in one of the messages maybe it should be added to the tutorial http://www.robotrene.../shader_manual/

thanks again for all the help and woot now i can learn how to create shader files. btw if anyone knows the bumpy mapping stuff for the new maps can be added to this I have been unsuccessful finding a tutorial

update now that I and another person I know have been mapping intensely we realise it doesn't work. Most everything is ok but radiant applies some textures backwards or sideways and none of the options in the surface inspector work properly. When you apply the glass textures and then alter your map after the glass is no longer breakable and you can usually walk right through it and the brush has to be deleted and redone. And as of yet none of the non standard shaders I have used work properly if it has a shader file its messed up. I am not sure what the cause is but it is not only me and I cannot map this way. I am going to try some other versions of radiant on ubuntu maybe I will find one that works. my map is looking great too bad unless I can find a way to make this work nobody will ever see it.

#37 User is offline   mindriot Icon

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:28 AM

View Postmindriot, on 13 December 2010 - 03:28 AM, said:

If the textures in-game aren't following what is shown in Radiant, read this:

http://forums.urbant...933#entry283933

Please confirm that you are following the information provided in the link when you compile. Also, you must set '/sv_pure 0' in the console before loading the map - this allows the map to use assets found in the directory strucutre (anything outside of the .pk3 files.)

This post has been edited by mindriot: 29 December 2010 - 02:29 AM

#38 User is offline   onslaught Icon

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:44 AM

View Postmindriot, on 29 December 2010 - 02:28 AM, said:

Please confirm that you are following the information provided in the link when you compile. Also, you must set '/sv_pure 0' in the console before loading the map - this allows the map to use assets found in the directory structure (anything outside of the .pk3 files.)

I followed the info provided and glass doesn't work the other shaders i am not sure of I used rambetters zeroradiant tutorial and it worked but I still have the Light emitting shader file problem so i will post this in another thread. By the way i seen a map of yours very impressive maybe you can help me with the shader problem and check out my map. Thanks for the tutorial all my original mapping was done on this install.

btw the problem is that when using func_breakable the glass is fine and works till you change the map then one by one the glass stops working. Very strange bug.

This post has been edited by onslaught: 03 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942