• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_skyjumps_beta1 (and beta2) Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:22 PM

Here's a question for those who have played the map, in beta2, should i prevent the lemming on the 17th jump (the tops of the sloping platforms of the 'slope jump' style jump), or does it add a bit of spice to the map as it is?

mary had a little lamb and it's fleece was white as sNOw

#12 User is offline   Daedalus Icon

• Account: daedalus

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:46 PM

Hey diddle diddle the cat and the fiWAS THAT A NO FOR NOT PREVENTING THE LEMMING OR THAT IT DOESNT ADD A BIT OF SPICE?dle the cow jumped over the moon

Hehe, two can play that game ;) Not sure if i've quite got the hang of it though...

#13 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

keep the lemming  :-D

#14 User is offline   wraith4.x (old) Icon

• Urban Soul
  • Locationthe depths

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:20 PM

ye i say leave it cuz to be honest i never even noticed it :lol:..i hit the lower parts of those

..plus it will teach ppl to do the jump proper

#15 User is offline   Drezil Icon

• Account: drezil

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

very nice map. just jumped through it :D

and duke nuke'em lives! *da da dam .. da da dam.. da da daaa dada damm*
really beautiful :D

took me quite a while to figure every jump out .. some of them are imo  not self-explaining if you are alone on a server :D
but keep up the good work!
(and build a teleporter out of the sky-cube back to duke!!! :D)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Daedalus Icon

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

Thanks all for the continued feedback, its really appreciated! :)

Yeah, w.r.t. the self-expanatoriness (if thats a word) of the map, it was (sort-of) intentional, i thought that it would introduce a slightly more social/communicative atmosphere, (for explaining/demonstrating the jumps etc). An open, social, cooperative atmosphere being one of my primary intentions for the map.

From the feedback so far, i'm tending towards leaving the Ess Jump lemming there, so unless there is significant whinging against this within the next few days, expect to have to wear thick soled shoes for that jump ;) Maybe i'll make a lemming alert warning sign there, or is that just too overprotective?
It does sort of make sense, that if you land on a sharp corner, its gonna hurt... (As well as continuing the theme set by other similar jumps (uber's slope jumps being the first that come to mind, though there are others))

P.S.(If you jump up on one of the walls of the sky-cube you go back to duke, lol ;) (the reason it is not marked is to keep the cube very simple-looking from down below)).

#17 User is offline   wraith4.x (old) Icon

• Urban Soul
  • Locationthe depths

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:36 PM

love capping the flags :lol:

#18 User is offline   Daedalus Icon

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:04 PM

love capping the flags :lol:
devmap or brain/google?

I also wanted to stop repeat-capturers, who really get on my tits. Its so annoying, "Idiot captured the red flag", "Idiot captured the red flag", "Idiot captured the red flag", "Idiot captured the red flag", "Idiot captured the red flag", "Idiot captured the red flag" ad infinitum, (well, "ad kick" is more accurate  :D )

#19 User is offline   Drezil Icon

• Account: drezil

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:53 PM

oh .. never noticed you could go back that way :D

and to prohibit the "endless cap"-thing look how i solved it in funnyjumps.
at the end you see 2 pipes, 1 with a blue flag, 1 with a red flag.
when you enter the pipe you capture once (because the onther flag is below the one you see) and you get teleported away and cant go back witout doing the map all over again.

that significantly reduced the "row-cappers" .. but you can steal the "wrong" flag .. if you jump into the wrong pipe :D

#20 User is offline   Daedalus Icon

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:50 PM

I couldn't figure out how to get around the flag-stealing possibility either, maybe there are some clever teleporter spawn rules you can apply based on team colour. It's not the end of the world anyway, sometimes it is nice to take a flag and generously donate it to a nearby noob (relatively speaking of course) of the opposite team :)

One thing i have noticed is that when the map was played online, there were occasional lemmings under various jumps (where there is an trigger_teleport just above the base of the map). I never lemminged there when playing locally, is it possible that with a higher ping, you fall 'through' the trigger_teleport and lemming on the 'floor' before the game/server tells you to be teleported?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942