Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Strafing lag Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DeadManWalking (old) Icon

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:31 AM

Ive been playing UT for sometime now and I'm pretty decent at it but I run into a huge problem frequently.  While trying to move side to side "Strafing" It stutters but this is only when strafing it actually affects my movement and it doesn't at all affect my Fps or ping just my movement from side to side. I'd like to find a way to fix this so I don't have to get pissed as hell when I can't kill you bastards  :lol:

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:31 AM

Stutters in what way?

Could it be only image tearing (happens on typical 60hz lcd screens without vertical sync on top (though vsync isn't without drawbacks))?

Is the lag meter normal in that time?

#3 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 30 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

Yeah this happens to me too! I was actually thinking about posting it here to see if it's abnormal or not.

This has been happening to me since day 1 and I've been playing for about 2 years.

I don't really know much about the netgraph but here's what happens;

The bottom part of the netgraph will be all green when I do anything. If I start to strafe from left to right or from right to left or anything, the bottom part of the netgraph which was green will now start getting black lines in it, and I stutter about and don't really move that much. I'll take a demo with fraps if anyone wants to see it.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

Does this happen only if you strafe? Can you test it to see if it happens if you constantly go forward-backwards, if you jump a lot, if you keep hitting fire, etc.?

#5 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

For me it's only when I strafe.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 30 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

I wonder if it's a hardware issue related to mouse. Or a bug related to mouse.

If it's Windows, can you check with in_mouse -1 and in_mouse 1 (both)? (in_restart needed IIRC or restart of the game each time it changes)

#7 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

It happens on both of my pcs; laptop running vista business, and desktop running xp. Not sure what you're talking about with in_mouse -1 and in_mouse 1. Unl;ess that's some console command. I'll try putting those in the console and trying it out.

<EDIT>

I tried it with in_mouse 1 and with in_mouse -1.

The only thing I noticed was that the stuttering was way more intense with in_mouse -1 and with in_mouse 1. I reset it to in_mouse 0 and it went back to the way it normally is.

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

in_mouse 0 should completely disable mouse. I suspect you didn't test it at all. You have to do /in_restart after you change the var (or just close the program and restart).

#9 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:01 PM

ahh ok, I was doing vid_restarts.

<EDIT>

Tried it again with actually shutting down urt each time. Still have the same results. I think it probably has something to do with lag rather than a bug with the mouse.

#10 User is offline   H3NRY Icon

• Account: h3nry
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:02 AM

it cant be a mouse problem cause your strafing lol.  its a code problem.  something about the straf code being too large to send or something so it gets dropped a lot.  i want to know this cause everyone is always like WTF??  just like me :)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942