Urban Terror Forums: Poll: Have you EVER successfully Goomba-stomped (AKA Curb-Stomped) someone? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Poll: Have you EVER successfully Goomba-stomped (AKA Curb-Stomped) someone? Rate Topic: -----

Poll: Have you EVER successfully curb-stomped someone? (117 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you EVER successfully curb-stomped someone?

1. What's a curb/goomba stomp? (2 votes [1.69%])

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

2. No (15 votes [12.71%])

Percentage of vote: 12.71%

3. Yes, but only when staged (16 votes [13.56%])

Percentage of vote: 13.56%

4. Yes, during an actual fight (please share) (85 votes [72.03%])

Percentage of vote: 72.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#11 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:08 PM

At 1st I entertained the probability the topic starter being mentally unstable or at least a neonazi but it probably was that he confused curb stomping which is to put someone's jaws on a cement curb and crash his skull with a boot, nazis-on-jewish-camps style, with goomba stomping of UrT.

#12 User is offline   ne0 Icon

• Account: ne0

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:20 PM

I usually do this in kingdom.
Get the G36 or PSG-1, camp on the roofs, shoot them in the legs, and before they go under the roof jump on them >:D

or one time by accident I was in uptown (CTF), was jumping across the map to get the flag, on my way back I missed a jump and landed on an enemy lol.

#13 User is offline   AQ2 (old) Icon

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

At 1st I entertained the probability the topic starter being mentally unstable or at least a neonazi but it probably was that he confused curb stomping which is to put someone's jaws on a cement curb and crash his skull with a boot, nazis-on-jewish-camps style, with goomba stomping of UrT.

I did originally see the move described as a "Goomba-stomp", which makes sense when you compare it to Super Mario Bros, but people kept referring to it in the game as a "Curb-stomp".  So I went with that on the threat title...

However, your point is well taken, so I've changed the thread name...

- AQ2 -

#14 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:46 AM

Doesn't the hit message refer to it as a curb stomp?  I believe it does.  I believe that's the first time that I've heard the term associated with Nazis particularly, leave that up to aThinker  I guess.  :-P

#15 User is offline   AQ2 (old) Icon

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:58 AM

Doesn't the hit message refer to it as a curb stomp?  I believe it does.  I believe that's the first time that I've heard the term associated with Nazis particularly, leave that up to aThinker  I guess.   :-P

Well.. there is something called a "Smiley" or something like that described in American History X.  That's probably what aThinker is referring to.  It involves jumping, a curb, and someone's head...  I'll leave it at that... 

But I didn't make the connection either until prompted... 

The older descriptions in the FAQ, etc, refer to it as a "Goomba-Stomp" but you're correct, it does show up as a 'curb-stomp' in the game...

- AQ2 -

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:48 AM

Most awesome curb stomp I've ever had I totally didn't expect it at all, it was on algiers and I was sprinting down main road, jumped off a box, wall jumped off the balcony directly across main road from center building and I saw a red dude, I unloaded last couple rounds from ak, changed to de(thinking I would need to shoot him) and BAM, curb stomp! I couldn't stop laughing, it was soo awesome, but sooo an accident! God I wish someone had been demoing me on that one. It was truly amazing, cause I didn't even think I had enough hieght to do it, but I was moving like fucking lightning and wall jumped off that balconys pillar headed towards downhill, I was expecting to break my legs, but a curb? Priceless!

#17 User is offline   M0usep0d (old) Icon

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:27 AM

my greatest curb stomp was a combination of kicking someone off a building and landing on his head all in the same jump.    also have curb stomped a couple power sliders on uptown, always luck though.

#18 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 16 April 2009 - 04:56 AM

my greatest curb stomp was a combination of kicking someone off a building and landing on his head all in the same jump.    also have curb stomped a couple power sliders on uptown, always luck though.

kick n stomp, that is awesome, much more awesome than what i did, props bro!

#19 User is offline   penz (old) Icon

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:25 AM

My best one was when I was at the laundromat vents in Uptown, I'd ran out of stamina because I was just new to the game only had played it for a couple of weeks, and fell off. Oh god... plonk. I didn't die; I landed on an enemy. It was so hilarious and satisfying, because I didn't die. :D

My second best one was a couple of nights ago, it was HK, Nades and Knifes on Uptown, and I jumped from the roof of laundromat and curb-stomped a guy in the middle of street getting medded. I then continued on to knife the medic. Both people QQ'd on vent. It was satisfying.

#20 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:42 AM

Doesn't the hit message refer to it as a curb stomp?  I believe it does.  I believe that's the first time that I've heard the term associated with Nazis particularly, leave that up to aThinker  I guess.  :-P

I had no idea what it was. I looked at urban dictionary.

It was terrifying.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942