• You cannot reply to this topic

Movie Repository Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#11 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: eya
  • Main tag: UZ|admin

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:55 AM

that's a seriously sweet collection, been looking for some of these for quite a while, thanks

on the other hand, you skipped some must-have classics, like the fj movies, ature's collection, tarquin's overbounce vid, and I'm pretty sure I forgot some others :)

#12 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 May 2009 - 05:32 PM

Can only host what I can find/have, unfortunately.

If you have any movies you think I should host, PM me for login info to a site that will work with my server. Rapidshare and such are not compatible.

#13 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:06 AM

Cool, good job

#14 User is offline   wraith4.x (old) Icon

• Urban Soul
  • Locationthe depths

Posted 02 June 2009 - 04:34 PM

dondon i had to update my Jumpz 2 video if you could check that thread out and read why...
so basically i'm askin you if you could plz discard the double copies of the other one you have on the
repository and add the new one....i'm just thinkin about the pm i got and most ppl prolly don't have
such a monitor like mine....i wasn't gonna even worry about it until i got that pm..

thnx

#15 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:21 PM

I've made 2 jump movies, one here and one here. Do you want them added to the repository?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   don Icon

Posted 13 June 2009 - 02:56 AM

I've made 2 jump movies, one here and one here. Do you want them added to the repository?

Damn I'm sorry, I forgot to reply to this when I saw it yesterday.

I do not think your movies meet the content requirements, which were, admittedly, arbitrarily decided. They fit a "jumps map tutorial" category which I am going to add soon. The distinction between a tutorial and a speed run of a jump map is that you made numerous attempts at each jump, and spliced them together. In speed running terminology, this is a segmented run. A single segment run contains no editing and does the map (or game) in one full clip with no editing involved. Your movie is great for someone who wants to learn the map, but it does not demonstrate a high degree of skill. Obviously some jumps are hard to complete and demand skill, but that skill is significantly lessened if there is no obvious risk involved. If you fail, you just redo the and include only the final product in your movie. I want to add that movies such as "Jumpz 2" by Wraith are different because they're a compilation of hard-to-do jumps.

If you can give me a hard copy of the original, I'll be glad to host it, but in a separate directory along with other "tutorial" movies.

#17 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 14 June 2009 - 11:57 PM

Damn I'm sorry, I forgot to reply to this when I saw it yesterday.

I do not think your movies meet the content requirements, which were, admittedly, arbitrarily decided. They fit a "jumps map tutorial" category which I am going to add soon. The distinction between a tutorial and a speed run of a jump map is that you made numerous attempts at each jump, and spliced them together. In speed running terminology, this is a segmented run. A single segment run contains no editing and does the map (or game) in one full clip with no editing involved. Your movie is great for someone who wants to learn the map, but it does not demonstrate a high degree of skill. Obviously some jumps are hard to complete and demand skill, but that skill is significantly lessened if there is no obvious risk involved. If you fail, you just redo the and include only the final product in your movie. I want to add that movies such as "Jumpz 2" by Wraith are different because they're a compilation of hard-to-do jumps.

If you can give me a hard copy of the original, I'll be glad to host it, but in a separate directory along with other "tutorial" movies.
You're right that I didn't do all the jumps in a row but then every video does the same thing. Like Wraith's videos Jumpz and Jumpz 2 he didn't do those on the first attempt, and with frags videos they take sometimes dozens or hundreds of hours of demos and slice them up to make a 5 minute movie, meaning that all of the kills are largely just lucky (I mean if you go around a corner and shoot the air at head height for hours eventually you will get an amazing looking headshot for the demo :P) but yeah I see what you mean about the tutorial video thing.

I'm making a video like the Jumpz ones BTW, gonna be cool :)

#18 User is offline   don Icon

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:05 AM

Well the difference is, and I should have said this, since it's the key point, that your movies include stuff that's easy/lame/not entertaining. Like Skyjumps, the first 2 jumps are easy. They're don't make me think "oh wow Subjunk is teh bestest jumpar." It's like when I criticize pub frag movies. That shit is so easy. Anyone who's been playing for a year or two can go in a pub, and with 2 hours of demos, make about 5 minutes of insane frags (insane if they were vs a good player, rather). I'm not going to host pub frags if I can help it. The fact you are including easy jumps is what makes it a tutorial for me. You are doing a complete play through in order, but segmented, therefore it's a tutorial. Wraith included only jumps that require skill and make him look good.

But yes, frag movies are pure luck. Even if you're going 400:1, 390 of your kills are going to be ugly (taking damage, hitting legs, etc.) and not worthy of being in a movie.

#19 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 15 June 2009 - 02:58 AM

Yeah for sure, I meant it to be a tutorial because I know most people get stuck on smorielf. Cool mate, when I'm done making a pro jump movie (which will probably include a few from smorielf) I hope that can be included :-D

#20 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:32 PM

nice site ;)
bump

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942