• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrbanTerror Accounts Anti-Cheat Rate Topic: ***** 15 Votes

#21 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:47 AM

I was careful about it: saying "would probably" which makes it a clear assumption.

So who is in control of the global ban if not by UAA?

#22 User is offline   ReiShin (old) Icon

Posted 02 July 2009 - 01:21 AM

lol this throws a monkey wrench in that gaming tilt guy

#23 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:44 AM

Past anti-cheats has done more damage than good to the good names of those who are truly gifted at playing this game yet are constantly accused of cheating based on a system that does not provide a means to support their claim that they are simply that good

lolwut? If PB caught you with a cheat, you were cheating. Playing good doesn't make your MD5 signatures change or add markers that AC looks for. The only "AC" we have now is a subjective, demo-based one. It's pretty good at catching cheaters, but only when someone's watching. It fails in borderline cases though, which is where FS Password will have the most impact. Can't wait to see if my suspicions about certain players prove true.:)

lol this throws a monkey wrench in that gaming tilt guy

It benefits him because he can just pretend like there's no need for his "AC" now.:)

Edit:
Good work, Seti. You know we have our rather large differences, but you've pulled through on this and shown us doubters we were wrong. Thanks for your hard work.:)

#24 User is offline   Dark-knight Icon

• Account: darkknight

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:46 AM

ok so what if a passport server admin bans me for being an ass? do i get banned from everything? all you talked about was local server admin.

#25 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:27 AM

ok so what if a passport server admin bans me for being an ass?

dont be an ass

problem solved

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   sixthprawn (old) Icon

• Locationessex

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:28 AM

Not much to say but good work to all involved. Is just a little annoying coming up against daily hackers.

#28 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:38 AM

Small question raider, this may already have been answered, now that we're going to use passports to identify people will the ban on IP be removed?  :?

#29 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 02 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

Small question raider, this may already have been answered, now that we're going to use passports to identify people will the ban on IP be removed?  :?
No, it is up to the community and the server admins to be a part of the Passport system. We are not forcing anybody to use it. Servers admins who do not wish to participate in this program, though I would seriously question why, will have the ability to disable Passport. At that point, the Anti-Cheat will not run because it is reliant on the Passport infrastructure. Bottom line: it's up to you.

don: Thanks for the plug. I'm not trying to show anybody up, I've always been clear that I'm simply not going to release something that is easily defeated. It makes no sense. Now we have the system in place to protect my investment. My only regret in this is that it took 2 years to get here. I wish it could have come much sooner, but let's move forward. I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action too.

• (54 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942