Urban Terror Forums: Quake 3 doesn't go full screen in Linux - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Quake 3 doesn't go full screen in Linux Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:21 PM

Hello,

I just made the switch to Linux, so I'm quite a newbie. I already installed UT2004 and America's Army, both work fine and do go full screen. Quake 3 doesn't. When I start it, it doesn't go full screen, and it doesn't "fit" in my screen. I can only see slightly more than two-third of the screen, the "exit" item in the menu for example isn't visible, but "join game" and the other items are. I hope someone here can help me, I already read most of the FAQs on the net and found nothing.

EDIT: I just tried changing Quake 3's resolution from 1600x1200. When I did that, it suddenly went full screen and it would fit on my monitor. I thought that fixed it, but when I exited from Quake 3 my desktop was to big to fit in my monitor anymore. My KDE desktop's resolution is 1280 x 960.

EDIT 2: I just edited my q3config.cfg and put in

seta r_customheight "960"
seta r_customwidth "1280"
seta r_mode "-1"

So my Q3 resolution is equal to my KDE desktop resolution. This way everything works fine. However, I have a relatively powerful system for Q3 (AMD 2500+ XP, GF 5900 XT and 512 MB RAM) so I'd like to play in the higher resolutions, like 1600 x 1200. But I don't want to change the desktop res to 1600 x 1200 because it would be way too small then. So how to fix it?

#2 User is offline   NakedAssassin (old) Icon

• Location55.56°N 4.01°W

Posted 19 July 2004 - 07:37 PM

Try those settings but in another cfg file, ie... rename the q3config.cfg (in your urban terror folder) to fullscreen.cfg

Then when you join a game drop the console and type /exec fullscreen.cfg and do /vid_restart

You should see if those settings are active, and the vid restart should solve it. If not, try applying the fullscreen settings from the ingame menu.

If that still don't work, then I would guess its some underlying problem either with Linux or Q3.

#3 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 July 2004 - 12:35 PM

No, that didn't work. When I change the resolution during playing, to for example 1600 x 1200, it jumps back to windowed mode again and it doesn't fit on my monitor anymore.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942