Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror on Linux FAQ - read this first - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror on Linux FAQ - read this first Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   F for Fragging (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 January 2005 - 08:13 PM

Just updated the FAQ again.

I don't know if that happens only to me.. but: If you can't get DEMOs to run, maybe letter case is the problem. If you scroll up on quake3 messages on console and find "error: can't find file XXXXX", replace the file name you've got with that one on the error message.

fs, I only experienced problems when I tried playing demo's from the demo menu, then it wouldn't play some of them. If I opened demo's from the console it did work. Concerning letter case, it just seems to be case sensitive? I tried opening DEMO with /demo demo it didn't work, if I tried /demo DEMO it did work.

#12 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:47 PM

maybe, I've used the demo command only once or twice. I just happen to like the in-game menu to work correctly :-)

but I think maybe I should use your method, sometimes I'm bored to scroll up and find the correct name. :P

#13 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 15 January 2005 - 11:21 AM

demo menu is fucked up cause it doesnt care about the capitalization of the demo files. that is why some demos only work from console.

edit: you can of course also pass the demo parameter on the command line like:
quake3 +set fs_game q3ut3 +demo WhatEvahCapitalizationTheFileMightHaveItWillStillWorkThisWay

+ you got your shell's tab-completion

#14 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:58 PM

yes, renaming them with the "demo named: ... was not found" filename from xterm, makes them work.(you have to scroll up a lot though, 3-4 xterm pages)

at least the game doesn't read its list of demos on startup but each time "demos" is clicked in the in-game menu. I use long demo names to know what they are for, and copy pasting them in quake console is impossible and it doesn't have autocomplete so the demo menu is usefull after renaming them to the correct name.

#15 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:15 AM

A little bit of info that run into today by chance..

- demos recorded with recorddemo (or is it demorecord? , anyway) will only need the "nickname" and "map" parts changed to uppercase and that would always work in the in-game demo menu. at least, that works here.

- also, if you have made a symlink from /usr/.../...//q3ut3 to Q3UT3 for those servers that report the game name in uppercase, also make a symlink from ~/.q3a/q3ut3 to ~/.q3a/Q3UT3 because at least using XQF here, I got another new Q3UT3 dir in my home dir and my custom scripts were ignored.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   war59312 (old) Icon

• LocationU.S.A

Posted 07 February 2005 - 07:19 AM

How do you fix the brightness in linux?

Changing r_gamma has no effect what so ever.

The brightless is way too low. Cant see hardly at all.

Though its fine if you play in desktop mode. That is not in full screen mode. Like by push alt+enter on the keyboard.

Thanks,
Will

#17 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:06 AM

r_gamma does have an effect

also try 'man xgamma'

#18 User is offline   war59312 (old) Icon

• LocationU.S.A

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:21 PM

They are all set to 2.9 when out of full screen but only 1.8 when it full screen. Tried making it 2.9 when in full screen but no luck. :(

So do i need to edit some file?

I have no clue so. Linux newbie here.

Anyone help chaning full screen res would be great.

#19 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 09 February 2005 - 11:40 PM

lemme guess, r_gamma is set to 1.8? so you actually use higher brightness on your desktop as in-game.

but seriously, why do you use 2.9 on your desktop?
this is what i use:
$ xgamma
-> Red  1.000, Green  1.000, Blue  1.000

/me suggests adding 'Gamma 1.00' to the Monitor section of your xorg/xfree config and adjusting the monitors brightness/contrast to compensate. then r_gamma might have more effect (its locked above 1.8 i think)

#20 User is offline   war59312 (old) Icon

• LocationU.S.A

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:45 AM

That how it was set when I installed linux. I never changed it.

Well trying to figure it out. No luck so far.

Will get back to ya.

Thanks,
Will

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942