Urban Terror Forums: Note to all mappers/map thread starters - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Note to all mappers/map thread starters Rate Topic: ***-- 7 Votes

#11 User is offline   SeleNiuM (old) Icon

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:30 PM

I kind of agree with Lee mostly because this forum isn't a very active very large forum the map release and beta forums gets like a thread a day if that.

#12 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:20 PM

Lee, If 1 person disobeys the rules, then more and more will. soon enough no one will.

If, in your first post you had links to all serperate versions of your map like this

ut4_boxtrot_a1
www.mylink.com

ut4_boxtrot_a2
www.mylink.com

then it will come up in the search, now  i know my comment was a little harsh yes, but i want to fully express that making this place more organized would make it also easily manageable.

also another note, aren't following betas usually better than the previous version? if so why would you want to have the old versions lying around? Well if you say no, this one is completely different, then consider it another map. not another beta

#13 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:55 PM

yes, thats just it. i dont consider them betas. even though i might think a newer version is better, i only release a version that im willing to have people host forever. some people like boxtrot_x3 over x6, so i dont want to make it hard for them to get a hold of that version, and i would like to have the first post be the change log for that version.

im strongly suggesting you make this a strong suggestion (lol)

it seems like many people are quite happy with your system, so why not let them follow your lead and let me do my thing? then every is happy  :lol:

god i feel like a cheese grater, i really dont mean to be so abrasive, its just my nature i suppose. maybe the world will implode later today and then i wont have to get all worked up over trivialities.

#14 User is offline   guachsauron Icon

• Account: guachsauron

Posted 25 September 2009 - 12:50 AM

If, in your first post you had links to all serperate versions of your map like this

ut4_boxtrot_a1
www.mylink.com

ut4_boxtrot_a2
www.mylink.com

Also you can put too one link to the description post of each version like this http://forums.urbant....html#msg246990 (clicking on the post title you have the address)

#15 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:10 AM

Personally I don't see the problem, you can edit your first post and put ALL your version in it with links to each different one, then its even easier to find and see the different versions, is it not?
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Crazylys Icon

• Account: crazylys

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:15 AM

Well currently EDIT is not working Posted Image Posted Image

Test Edit: Ah it is working now xD

This post has been edited by Crazylys: 30 September 2009 - 03:43 PM

#17 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 September 2009 - 06:36 AM

View PostCrazylys, on 30 September 2009 - 03:15 AM, said:

Well currently EDIT is not working Posted Image Posted Image

lololol, im sure that'll be fixed very soon!

PS. To any mods noticing, it is working for me!

This post has been edited by slackin: 30 September 2009 - 06:37 AM

[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#18 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:50 PM

View PostDelirium, on 24 September 2009 - 10:20 PM, said:

also another note, aren't following betas usually better than the previous version? if so why would you want to have the old versions lying around? Well if you say no, this one is completely different, then consider it another map. not another beta

so you say that, and then i release ut4_timid_v3 which is practically a recreation and then you merge my topics? and i dont even have the option of editing it to include the change log for v2? really, really, really annoying. i didnt even have a single topic on page 1, so where is this clutter problem? please dont edit my posts without a personal message explaining your problem and what you want to see changed.

also, the map isnt a beta, so please dont put that in my title. and now the first comment is you giving me suggestions for the map i just released. IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE.

This post has been edited by lee: 01 October 2009 - 11:59 PM

#19 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 02 October 2009 - 12:01 AM

View Postlee, on 01 October 2009 - 11:50 PM, said:

so you say that, and then i release ut4_timid_v3 which is practically a recreation and then you merge my topics? and i dont even have the option of editing it to include the change log for v2? really, really, really annoying. i didnt even have a single topic on page 1, so where is this clutter problem? please dont edit my posts without a personal message explaining your problem and what you want to see changed.

Don't act like it is my fault.

Your clearly disobeyed the rules, I have introduced a new system for mappers to follow and you simply ignore me and decided you could do your own thing.
I warned you in this post

View PostDelirium, on 24 September 2009 - 06:19 AM, said:

WARNING for all: if you dont want to follow the rules ill start deleating topics, or merging them.

I have introduced the new system because we no longer have 2 threads for previews/betas and releases, which I was asked to by kr0m the forum admin. I am simply enforcing the rules of the new system.

If you have a major problem with the system bring it to kr0ms attention.

#20 User is offline   lee (old) Icon

Posted 03 October 2009 - 11:02 PM

View PostDelirium, on 24 September 2009 - 10:20 PM, said:

Well if you say no, this one is completely different, then consider it another map. not another beta

that comment kind of implies that i wouldnt be breaking the rules.

also, how are we to change the title with this new forum software? i click full editor on the first post and nothing happens, and i have firefox 3.5.3 ... the version krom said it would work on.

-_-;

edit: kr0m just solved this problem, btw... Use Full Editor now works.

This post has been edited by lee: 08 October 2009 - 02:22 AM

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942