• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spell Check... Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:37 AM

I can't believe this..or maybe I can considering the type of people starting to show up on the internet.

How the hell do YOU know what was going on in his head when he made this level. How do YOU personally know whether or not he named it specifically after Rommel instead of specifically after the town in the movie. face it, you DON'T know. If you're so damned hot to have him rename it to what YOU think is proper then why don't you build your own Ramelle from scratch so it will be "properly" named. If I decide to create a map based on New Orleans and name it ut_nawlins are you going to piss and moan about that too?

Talk to the hand buddy. Its always been ut_rommel and always will be.

#12 Guest_UTplayer

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:01 AM

Of course I can't prove it. As I stated in one of my previous post. You can't prove your point also.

On top of that, I conceeded ahead of time. But logically, my view is the correct view. Logically. It's logic.

As for my name being UTPlayer instead of UrTPlayer, the only counter argument that I can think of is the counters that I've been hearing from your posts all along.

'How do you know how I wanted it to be spelled. Maybe I meant to spell it that way on purpose'.

None of us can prove it either way. Which is what I said in my previous post. But more logic is on my side. It's Ramelle.

:D

#13 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 04 August 2004 - 05:08 AM

However, the creator of the map saying from the start that it was named after rommel is more likely to be true than your assumption that he mispelled the name. I have always heard of ut_rommel being named after the desert fox since the map was first released. never once had I ever heard of it being named after the fictional town in the movie.

#14 User is offline   Kamisama (old) Icon

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:37 AM

The creator of the map was correct to use Rommel, a historical figure without copyrights...

Using Ramelle on the other hand could have legal implacations, as the village only exists in the movie Saving Private Ryan, and using it in the game might have made tightwads at Paramount unhappy.... :(

#15 User is offline   War Spaghetti (old) Icon

• LocationPennyvania

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:48 AM

you must be new :roll:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942