Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Spell Check... Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_UTplayer

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:19 AM

The correct spelling of the fictional town in the movie Saving Private Ryan, is Ramelle. Not Rommel, but Ramelle.

Can this error will be fixed in the next release of UT?

...and it wouldn't hurt to give Edith Piaf a little credit for her beautiful voice adding some melody to the map.

:wink:

#2 Guest_UTplayer

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:26 AM

Rommel is the name of a German commander during WWII. However, the town of Ramelle is something different.

If anyone doubts me, he or she can check on my claim by simply buying the DVD of Saving Private Ryan, and turning on the English subtitles. You will see it spelled...

Ramelle.

TY.

#3 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:08 AM

u know that UrT is not reality, right? u might also notice, that there is no way to get into most of the UrT maps ;). (except by parachute)

and that town in the movie only shares some buildings with ut_rommel and was intentionally named after Rommel afaik.

#4 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:52 AM

Like it really truly matters?? BBQ made it, he can name it whatever he wishes.

#5 Guest_UTplayer

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:44 AM

Oh come on.

The map is obviously meant to be from the movie. I view it as a mistake made by the map creator.

I'm guessing that he or she won't change it now. But will only instead try to justify his or her mistake by saying that the spelling was intentional. Which I don't think it was. I think it was a mistake made by the map creator.

But then again, there's no way for me to prove that, so I guess I lose the debate.

Oh well. :roll:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   jimmay76{WC} (old) Icon

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

utplayer=unreal tournament player??
so whats new in unreal??
oh urban terror player???
try urtplayer
mistake on your part???
i'm sure you can correct it
;)

#7 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 03 August 2004 - 03:20 PM

a spelling error would look like 'ramele' or 'rámelle' or 'rammelle'. do you really think its a coincidence that the name matches the name of Rommel?

edit: UTPlayer, if u really hate it that much, why dont u just open the pk3 and rename the bsp to ut_ramelle, along with changing the .arena file and the mapsnapshot? - oh, of course u couldnt play it on pubs anymore, but u dont want to play that map anyway....

#8 User is offline   Dufkni3n Icon

• Account: dufkni3n

Posted 03 August 2004 - 06:33 PM

liek you said urself, the map is named after Erwin (Johannes Eugen) Rommel, a german commander in WWII. I heard BBQ saying that a while ago.

#9 Guest_UTplayer

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:53 AM

BBQ will never admit to that mistake. It is an obvious spelling error in my view. I doubt that BBQ will ever admit to that. Funny how you sy the map was named after the commander Rommel, when the town itself in the movie was Ramelle. It's an abvious spelling error that noone will admit to.

Since the name Ramelle is fictional anyway, he must have thought that the way to spell it was 'Rommel'. Well BBQ thought wrong. My claims hold more water than yours. I can understand how one would make that mistake. Your claim that he chose to name it after the general doesn't hold any water in my view. It would make more sense for him to name it after the name of the town itself in the movie, since he chose to replicate as best he could. The correct spelling of the name is Ramelle.

#10 Guest_UTplayer

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:54 AM

BBQ will never admit to that mistake. It is an obvious spelling error in my view. I doubt that BBQ will ever admit to that. Funny how you sy the map was named after the commander Rommel, when the town itself in the movie was Ramelle. It's an abvious spelling error that noone will admit to.

Since the name Ramelle is fictional anyway, he must have thought that the way to spell it was 'Rommel'. Well BBQ thought wrong. My claims hold more water than yours. I can understand how one would make that mistake. Your claim that he chose to name it after the general doesn't hold any water in my view. It would make more sense for him to name it after the name of the town itself in the movie, since he chose to replicate as best he could. The correct spelling of the name is Ramelle.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942