• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mac Recording Rate Topic: -----

Recording My Gameplay

#11 User is offline   f2m (old) Icon

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

when i press f12 normally its the command for my volume to go up... will this channge in game?

#12 User is offline   Unclefragger Icon

• Account: unclefragger

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

If you defined to use your F keys to control mac settings (volume, brightness, etc; the default) you will have to press FN+F12.
You can change their behavior somewhere in the keyboard related settings section. (My mac is currently in use so I can't check, if needed I could provide this information later)

This post has been edited by Unclefragger: 29 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

#13 User is offline   f2m (old) Icon

Posted 29 September 2009 - 09:36 PM

haha im sorry but none of this is making any sense to me, i just got my mac and before this id just use friends computers so idk any of this

#14 User is offline   Unclefragger Icon

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:13 PM

Just use FN (lower left) and F12 together to start/stop recording.

#15 User is offline   f2m (old) Icon

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:23 PM

sweet that makes alot easier but where will i find my video?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   f2m (old) Icon

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

the fn thing works gr8 at the top i saw it was recording but now where do i find these files and how do i get them into my video editor?

#17 User is offline   f2m (old) Icon

Posted 30 September 2009 - 04:20 AM

Ok i actually found where the clips are, in the demos section but now is my final problem. How do i get them onto my computer???? Do I use a screen recorder or what

#18 User is offline   Biometric (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2009 - 05:39 AM

View Postf2m, on 30 September 2009 - 04:20 AM, said:

Ok i actually found where the clips are, in the demos section but now is my final problem. How do i get them onto my computer???? Do I use a screen recorder or what

Again, you need to be playing the demos using the demos menus inside Urban Terror. Then, when he demo is playing back, press shift+esc to bring up the console. Then use the command /video to start writing an avi file. This will cause a massive FPS loss, don't worry, that's normal.

After you're done you'l find the finished files in yourname/Library/Application Support/Quake 3/q3ut4/videos

#19 User is offline   Unclefragger Icon

Posted 30 September 2009 - 07:46 AM

sadly the demo browser is currently broken on POSIX systems (Linux, BSD (Mac)), you will have to bring up the console (shift+esc) and use /demo <name>, it's not as worse as it looks, you can use the tab key for auto completion, just look that your demo folder isn't too crowded and everything is fine. About the /video part, I'm not a creative movie creator, but from what I have heard you can influence the quality a lot with certain commands, best check the UrT Movies section here in the forums, I think there were some topics about that (note that all ingame commands are platform independent, so you can use them).

#20 User is offline   f2m (old) Icon

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

how does this look? thanks for the help add me on youtuve if you want!! just send me a msg or comment saying something about urt

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942