Urban Terror Forums: Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine Rate Topic: ***** 17 Votes

With GoogleTranslate, Bumpy, dmaHD, iKALiZER, Raw Mouse, Bug Fixes, ..

#1401 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 11 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

View Postkelt, on 11 February 2012 - 03:44 PM, said:

I downloaded the links that orbit gave and used the 'notbumpy' version of windows-64bit, it works just fine but mitsu said that the 64 bit can be a bit slower so im just asking that because my computer is 64 bit can i use the 32 bit ones or not.

Yes, you can run the 32-bits in a 64-bits Operating System

Also what is the difference between 'bumpy' and 'notbumpy'.

Bumpy version has improved rendered method available. Features such as bloom, bump-mapping, fancy water. It can also help to improve FPS (e.g.: when you turn off all the fancy new rendering features) due to the VBO rendering which default client doesn't have. VBO rendering helps in offloading some of the rendering what was previously done on the CPU to the GPU.
But some older graphics card doesn't support this due to the lack of Pixel-Shader 2.0/GLSL support.

Edit: what is the difference between 32-bit and 32-bitmmx

32-bit non-MMX/SSE version is for older machines which doesn't have SSE or MMX CPU instructions support. Let just say unless you are using a very ancient computer. You should use the 'normal' 32-bits version.

#1402 User is offline   kelt Icon

• Account: kelt

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:30 PM

Thanks a lot for your answer nexu! That was really helpful, but since i was using the 'notbumpy' windows 64 bit version and i had some serious fps drops idk how i could change from the 64 bit to the 32 bit without deleting my config. I think i'm gonna try the 'bumpy' version now, but could you tell me how to switch off that useless graphical stuff (i'm a complete computer nobo so go easy on me) for the 32 bit bumpy version.

#1403 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:04 PM

View Postkelt, on 11 February 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

I think i'm gonna try the 'bumpy' version now, but could you tell me how to switch off that useless graphical stuff (i'm a complete computer nobo so go easy on me) for the 32 bit bumpy version.

These -should- be the lowest possible settings for the bumpy specific options while providing FPS performances. Al tho, UrbanTerror 4.x remain CPU heavy.
If you're hitting a FPS wall, try to lower your video resolution to see or it is your CPU holding you back. If lowering your resolution does not at all helps improve the FPS. Than you might be looking at a GPU limitation(i.e.: Intel graphics).

set  r_autobump                        "0"      // Bumpmapping on all textures [bool|def=1|bump]
set  r_bloom                           "0"      // Enable bloom [int|1..5|def=1|bump]
set  r_dof                             "0"      // Depth of Field [bool|def=0|bump]
set  r_dofblend                        "0.5"    // Control DOF blur blending amount [float|0.001..1|def=0.5|bump]
set  r_dofscale                        "2"      // Control DOF blur strength [float|0..10|def=2|bump]
set  r_fancywater                      "0"      // Fancy reflective water [int|0=off,1=simple,2=detailed|def=1|bump]
set  r_simpleshaders                   "1"      // Disable GLSL shader effects [bool|def=1]
set  r_ext_framebuffer_object          "1"      // Use GL_EXT_framebuffer_object [?|def=1|bump]
set  r_ext_vertex_buffer_object        "2"      // VBO size [int|?|def=2|bump]
set  r_ext_vertex_shader               "1"      // Enable GLSL rendering path [bool|def=1|bump]

#1404 User is offline   kelt Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:26 PM

I've had this build earlier, my friend just gave me a link to download it and i did and told what he said how to get it working. I'm not sure what that build was but i guess it was 32-bit (idk about bumpy or not). My fps was constant 125 so i think that's not the problem. Thanks for your answer it helped a lot but i'd still like to know how to not delete UrT and reinstall it to change from the 64-bit to the 32-bit version :D

#1405 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:46 PM

Whether you're using 64-bits or 32-bits client should not matter. In both cases, you need to copy the new binary to your UrbanTerror folder (the folder where q3ut4 is in).
Note: configs/maps/screenshots/demos/logs are stored in %appdata%\Quake3\q3ut4 (on Windows) with mitsu's build. As this is based on the new behaviour inherited from new ioQuake3.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#1406 User is offline   kelt Icon

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:04 PM

Ok thanks for your help. I've gotten it to work perfectly now :D. Lets just hope that my fps drops stop.

#1407 User is offline   attackxie Icon

• Account: attackxie

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:26 PM

http://forums.pugbot...x.php?topic=862
Updated Links restored sorry for the wait
new builds for VERY old machines

#1408 User is offline   FearPain Icon

• Account: fearpain

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Hmmm don't know why but the translation feature doesn't work for me. When i want to translate anything or on translateauto=1 it always says: no valid translation file received from Google.
Anybody an idea why?
I have the Mitsu build, Win32, Bumpy

Greets

#1409 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostFearPain, on 27 April 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

Hmmm don't know why but the translation feature doesn't work for me.

Google pulled the plug on their free translation service in December 2011. You have to pay for API access now, effectively meaning that this translation function will never work for anyone ever again, period. (I don’t know if using the paid translation would even be allowed, let alone sensible in an open-source project — don’t know the details, but doesn’t this involve, you know, some kind of ID you really don’t want to make public to avoid spending loads of your money to pay for abuse by evil Russian hax0rz and suchlike?)
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#1410 User is offline   hasufell Icon

• Account: hasufell

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

The patch uses relative paths which is bad/undesired. Could the maintainer of this fix it?

http://dev.gentoo.or...umpy.patch.diff

• (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942