Urban Terror Forums: Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Optimized .exe; builds of ioq3 engine Rate Topic: ***** 17 Votes

With GoogleTranslate, Bumpy, dmaHD, iKALiZER, Raw Mouse, Bug Fixes, ..

#31 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 November 2009 - 04:35 PM

Posted Image

I've changed the layout of drawping output, it's on the left top corner of the screen. It could be distracting to setups having the map there but I believe it's way more readable now(it can be changed and has a different default, see below) (and no different short/long versions) . fontsize var is still in and it appears it correctly rescales it each time it's used the way it's coded.

zip updated (on 1st post).

ah forgot to say, spike is also replacing the word 'flux' to be more scientifically valid O0

oh. and silly little addition: cl_drawclockshowseconds can show the seconds on the clock, 0 by default.

it also avoids some divisions by zero now (crashing it) and nonsensical results in case of miss-setting the vars to nonsensical values.

oops I realized not only the map is top left by default but also some hitting messages (that I have myself disabled). I updated it with the position changed above the 'little man' on bottom left and a 'pos' var to change its position along the left and top and
left.

I changed pos var to posx and posy vars, slightly more nerdy but way more intuitive.

oops the default position is distracting of the chat, brought a big higher.

pos vars were a mess, fixed.

renamed average to mean
defaults changed to 2 and 10, I believe it's more accurate to shorten them (especially for TS lagging by default on round change). I thought of putting them on 1 and 2 or 2 and 4 but maybe too short, anyway whatever, they can be changed to anything anyway.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 16 November 2009 - 11:42 AM

#32 User is offline   Ultradie Icon

• Account: ultradie

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:03 AM

Passwords won't save when I connect through qtracker :P

#33 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:01 AM

Isn't there a fix for the gamma bug now? I thought there was. It's not fixed in this version :( Any chance you could apply it?

#34 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

what is the gamma bug?

do passwords save on other .exes that way?

edit: qtracker has a "save this password" checkbox underneath the password field. it saves them here.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 16 November 2009 - 11:08 AM

#35 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

On a lot of people's computers, when you exit UrT it doesn't set the gamma back to what it was, so everything on the screen is too bright and you have to go into the NVIDIA settings to reset it. I thought there was a patch for it, but maybe I was wrong.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:36 PM

I believe that's the common result if the game crashes. Does it happen to you each time?

BTW, a nice utility is QuickGamma. It changes gamma from the taskbar without having to go to NVIDIA menu.
http://rapidshare.co...kGamma.exe.html

#37 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:55 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 16 November 2009 - 08:36 PM, said:

I believe that's the common result if the game crashes. Does it happen to you each time?

BTW, a nice utility is QuickGamma. It changes gamma from the taskbar without having to go to NVIDIA menu.
http://rapidshare.co...kGamma.exe.html

Yes it happens to me every time whether it crashes or not, and has ever since I started playing the game, on Windows XP, Vista and 7, with 3 different video cards, 2 different motherboards, as well as on my best friend's computer and my wife's... Some people probably just don't notice it.
Thanks for the link, will try it :D

#38 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:49 PM

that's weird, I never see it happening unless I see a crash (on several computers / .exes).

edit: hence I wouldn't see much point in hacking it to return it to a 'normal' value on quit. it's supposed to do that already.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 17 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

#39 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:25 AM

ok, I changed the way the ping meter internally collects data from raw integer summation to dynamically enlarging pointers. It doesn't have memory allocation checks which is a bit "ninja", so let me now if you see any weird behavior because of it (zip updated on 1st post). (I could add memory allocation checks but the way this runs (looping endlessly) would make checking an unreadable mess; I want to take my chances with trusting it; but I guess I'll have to do it if in the real world it does create problems). (found a way actually)

It should be now more accurate since instead of using the 'previous mean' (having been found from the last round) to find spikes and standard deviation, it now directly goes and enumerates the collected data at the end of an interval to do all calculations properly at the same time drawing from the same data pool. Max Spike due to this should now show a stable high number from each interval (instead of gradually going up all the time and being partly unreadbale).

actually, I found a meta-ninja way to do it(mem alloc check) simply, reuploaded.

and oops, I had max spikes (after the change) not resetting, fixed.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 17 November 2009 - 04:47 AM

#40 User is offline   Gnorkh Icon

• Account: gnorkh

Posted 18 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

I've been using your latest build - mainly for trying out the OpenAL sound - and it runs very well.

The sound quality is noticeably better. Are there possibilities to configure OpenAL? The indication of distances is more precise, but it's a bit too much: while the level of sounds/events which happen some meters away from you is good, the sounds which are next to you (shooting, bullet impact, ..) are very loud.

This post has been edited by Gnorkh: 18 November 2009 - 01:14 PM

• (142 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942