Urban Terror Forums: [Suggestion] Hitting Sounds - A Comprehensive List Of Additions - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Suggestion] Hitting Sounds - A Comprehensive List Of Additions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot internally but here's a clear thought on it I had yesterday when I was listening to them being flat:

1) A different sound when someone dies (e.g. ding ding ding - dong (dead) :laugh: )

2) A different sound on headshot (secondary)

3) perhaps different sounds for different parts it hits (secondary)

but 1) is the main.

ammendment:

4) Hitting and killing sounds on nades.

#2 User is offline   Dynamix (old) Icon

Posted 28 November 2009 - 06:31 PM

I think they should get rid of them entirely, they're just not necessary at all for this game.

#3 User is offline   _nSS (old) Icon

• LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

View PostDynamix, on 28 November 2009 - 06:31 PM, said:

I think they should get rid of them entirely, they're just not necessary at all for this game.

You do know that you can turn them off right?

#4 User is offline   speckknoedelsup (old) Icon

Posted 28 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

View Postmitsubishi, on 28 November 2009 - 04:09 PM, said:

Sorry if this has been discussed a lot internally but here's a clear thought on it I had yesterday when I was listening to them being flat:

1) A different sound when someone dies (e.g. ding ding ding - dong (dead) :laugh: )

2) A different sound on headshot (secondary)

3) perhaps different sounds for different parts it hits (secondary)

but 1) is the main.

I totaly agree with 2) and 3) (3 makes 2 obsolete)
i wouldn't mind 1 either.

I did suggest it a while ago for 4.2 but there weren't a lot supporters.

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 28 November 2009 - 08:23 PM

I should point out my desire to have a 'you killed him' sound is affected a lot by the fact I have hitting and killing text messages removed from the screen since I find them distracting most of the time. But a 'you killed him' sound would be great.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:05 AM

Uh if you don't use the stupid hit sounds, it's very easy to tell what body part you hit and when you get a kill.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 29 November 2009 - 02:42 AM

how? I mean also for killing confirmation.

and because of unlagged it's easy to have no visual contact at all (+ distance).

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 29 November 2009 - 02:43 AM

#8 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:01 AM

95% of kills are close enough you can hear the death sound effect. Head shots make a splat, helmet shots a ding. Legs make a squishy sound. etc. The only kills where you're really not going to be able to see the body fall are sniper shots around corners, and then you can watch the hit messages. You get 2 lines for an SR8 kill. Easy enough to see the difference between 1 new line and 2 new lines appearing in the corner of your eye. I'm always glancing at death messages anyway. Not sure why it's hard to tell where you've landed a hit or when you've killed someone.
GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 29 November 2009 - 03:18 AM

no they're a lot here; e.g. waiting under the bridge (ts) in casa for snipers to pop their head, spamming some shots with my auto - bunnyhopping under the entrance to check there (cause if you stay you're dead), coming back etc. you hear some "ding ding" without seeing it (affected by unlagged a lot if you're more than 90ms) and you have to check the text to see if they died (in a mess of several players producing sounds) if it's disabled to be printing without bringing down the console.

and it might be nice knowing if your nade spam hit anything. e.g. spamming the incoming rush in turnpike and then leaving.

even if they don't die, that'd be nice.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 29 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

#10 User is offline   M0usep0d (old) Icon

Posted 29 November 2009 - 05:40 AM

f1 #1

there has been numer0us times when i'm facing multiple targets, put a 5 sh0t burst int0 the first guy hear 4 hit s0unds switch my f0cus t0 the next guy... 0nly t0 get pwnt by the dude with 7 percent health that I th0ught was dead. I must als0 menti0n this 0nly ever happens t0 me 0n maps where the enemy is blue and the map is blue, 0r 0range 0n 0range. s0 maybe just brighter skins :blush:

A death hit s0und seems like it w0uld add a little bit m0re efficiency th0ugh.

*100k AT Th3 l33t 0's :roll:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942