Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SR8 Drop Pickup Bind? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Banilachokies Icon

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:48 AM

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to 'drop and pickup' the SR8 quickly. I am not sure if this is the right phrasing but I have seen SR8 players as they run they are able to retract their gun back and out, it makes manoeuvring and quick scoping easier. Thanks

Example:
(between 0:24s - 0:26s)

#2 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:10 AM

The gun was never dropped in that video. The player just switched away from it and back to it, effectively skipping big parts of the animation. But that animation wouldnt have been there in the first place if he hand not decided to "randomly"* press his knife key. In this example there is no benefit to doing any of this at all. If you watch the seconds leading up to your example, you can see that the bolt action animation has fully finished so he did not skip this either.

Here is a few general points:
  • Related to the * : I do sometimes switch to my knife and back to my sr8. But that has a very specific reason, namly that i do have "stateful" binds on my sr8 ( a fire + zoom reset bind on Mouse1 ). My knife key also acts as a clear all binds key. So by quickly tapping knife, then back to the sr8 i can ensure what state that bind is in. Without such scripts there is no benefit to doing this.
  • It is possible to switch away from the sr8 during the bolt action animation and still get the reload through. This is because the reload happens before the animation ends. However you have to give it enough time or the reload/cycling will happen the next time you switch to your gun. There also is do direct advantage to this in sr8 only gameplay as you need as long to switch back and forth as it would have taking you to just wait for the animation to finish. It however can be an advantage if you use your sr8 and have a secondary or sidearm to switch to and fire with immeditly.
  • Dropping your sr8 does have a similar effect to the above point, but it does skip all animation. You do however loose your gun and if you pick it back up will have to cycle it iirc. Hence this obviously only helps if you need to fight right now.

[*]There is a delay to every item you drop before you can pick it up again. This is simply longer than the cycling time on the sr8 so there is no benefit to this except for the above point.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#3 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:49 AM

bind mouse1 "+attack;ut_zoomreset"
a thing of beauty is a joy

#4 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

View PostBanilachokies, on 19 July 2019 - 03:48 AM, said:

(between 0:24s - 0:26s)

He is bandaging, you can see the right arm get "fixed" in the bottom left

#5 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 19 July 2019 - 08:32 PM

View PostYAY5637, on 19 July 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

He is bandaging, you can see the right arm get "fixed" in the bottom left

Oh. i didnt even notice that. Since he switched to his knife at other times i just assumed it was that. :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Banilachokies Icon

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:27 AM

I see. Thanks for all the comments guys

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942