• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Clinton Gun Ban Sunsets Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Goat (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 11 April 2004 - 06:48 PM

September 13th 2004 10 years since the Clinton Ugly Gun Ban came into being it will Sunset, What difference did it make... NONE

I own a couple of so called Assault Weapons, ARs and my latest a HK G3 Clone. On 14th September the Folding stock will go on the CETME and the bayonet lugs and Flash Suppresor on the .223s. Will that make me anymore liable to go use my firearms illegaly? NO

The attachments have nothing to do with crime. The mere shape of a grip? A flash suppressor? And when was there a crime with a bayonet on a rifle?

Moreover, the attachments are common to tens of millions of other guns. All pistols have "pistol grips," obviously, as do all revolvers and many rifles and shotguns, about a third of Americans` 200+ million guns.

Several million other rifles have bayonet mounts. Tens of millions of rifles, pistols and shotguns are semi-automatic and/or use a detachable magazine.

So this politicaly inspired law forced in by Slippery Willie will go down in history as one of the Nations absurdities.

GOAT

*source material NRAILA...

#2 Guest_WheresMyPants

Posted 11 April 2004 - 08:02 PM

actually bush has "unbanned" that law. or something to a similar degree. it gives him more gestopo power. now that heavy guns are out and available, he can have his "special police" go around and make sure "unlawful" people do not have such weapons.

edit: i misunderstood the post. i think.

#3 User is offline   ghozt (old) Icon

• LocationDelaware, USA

Posted 11 April 2004 - 09:29 PM

i assult my weapons all the time

#4 Guest_agiantblackdude

Posted 14 April 2004 - 03:32 PM

#5 User is offline   Goat (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:24 PM

Now Kansas has become a "Right Denied" State... Why do the Liberal Spineless rabble rousers persist in disarming lawfull American Citizens. All studies have proven that criminals DO NOT CARE if they have a permit or not...

Goat

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

Silly americans and their gun fetish.

What the hell do you own guns for? Are you such a scared person? I'd hate to live that way.

What is your proposal? Everybody should own a gun? Or only "lawfull" citizens? Question: isn't everybody a "lawfull" citizen untill they finally commit a crime? Or untill their kid finds a way to take the gun to school and schoot a classmate or teacher?

And don't give me the crap about any commandments in the US constitution, or protecting your country and family. Guns are made for killing, and therefore should NOT be a part of society, unless in the hands of law-enforcing individuals (not your average obese camo dress-up vigilante) or the military.

#7 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:56 PM

Oh and I just read your "tyranny by the government" sig. Beautiful. So if Bush (or any other president) turns tyrannical, you'll be there with your friends and assault rifles to stop him????? Maybe you should just shoot yourself now to get it over with.

#8 User is offline   Goat (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 18 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

Well your typical knee jerk uninformed eurocentric post shows a lack of true understanding of this issue.

We have gone thru the pros and cons of gun ownership on this board before.

I live on a farm in a very rural area and regularily use my rifles on pests such as coyotes, You have any coyotes? Deer are abundent here and have become a pest too.

I also live at least 30mins from the nearest law enforcement, what do you suggest we do if (God forbid) some malcontent meth head breaks in?

Think your points thru...

As for tyranny... yes Americans guard there freedom. We are only too aware of the shot comings of federal Goverment.

You are welcome to an opinion but please don't suggest that I comply to some idiotic stereo type that you have from too much TV and not enough real life.

Goat

#9 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:41 PM

- I hardly watch tv
- Is my post eurocentric because I live in Europe or something? Or do you think I will never understand an American like you? Please explain
- Are the deers and coyotes around your farm so vicious that you need bayonets, flash suppressors and assault weapons to finish em off? Or are you such a bad shot?
- You think shooting someone because they break into your house is justified? Or do they actually have to do something, like rape a family member or strangle the cat, first? Either way, I think it's strange to keep assault weapons (notice the plural) in your remotely located farm because you fear intruders.
- Which brings us to the protection from the government point. I understand you see some shortcomings in your federal government. I see them too, and to be honest, it even scares ME a little. And I live safely in the Netherlands. That is, until the International Court of Justice in The Hague puts an American to trial, in which case we might be invaded by US troops. But I digress. If you are not content with your government, how is a gun going to help you? I understand the voting ballots in your electoral system are kind of tough to punch trhough, but I doubt you need a gun for that. Or are you maybe worried about teh federal government showing up on your doorstep, demanding your wife and daughter for their new Ubermensch breeding program? In that case you'd better bring your own army, cause I doubt you and your assault rifle are going to make much of a difference then.

Wake up, farm boy! The 21st century has arrived! Time to solve problems without spilling precious lead.

#10 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 18 April 2004 - 03:34 PM

[quote name='"[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick"]Are the deers and coyotes around your farm so vicious that you need bayonets' date=' flash suppressors and assault weapons to finish em off? Or are you such a bad shot?[/quote']
I'm sorry, but I have to poke fun at the fact that you seem to misunderstand what is considered an "assualt weapon". Here in California there is a specific list of weapon makes and models, along with a list of qualifiers. A quick example, my Springfield Armory M-25 (M-1A variant) is legal with a muzzle break (comes standard with a flash suppressor). If I were to change the stock to have a minorly pistol-ish looking grip, the weapon would be illegal. This is why we're so pissed off, it's like a god-damned store nickel and diming you.

[quote name='"[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick"]You think shooting someone because they break into your house is justified? Or do they actually have to do something' date=' like rape a family member or strangle the cat, first? Either way, I think it's strange to keep assault weapons (notice the plural) in your remotely located farm because you fear intruders.[/quote']
I wouldn't shoot someone because they came into my house, I'd give them the opportunity to just give up. If, and only if, they approached me further after telling them to stop several times would I resort to using the gun. A clean shot to shoulder would be more than enough to bay any advancing intruder.

[quote name='"[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick"]Wake up' date=' farm boy! The 21st century has arrived! Time to solve problems without spilling precious lead.[/quote']
PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT DUTCHIES
Honestly, the US produces so much food that we export a good deal of it, can you say the same? You may even be eating food imported from the US, hell, maybe even from Goat's farm. So why don't you just do us all a favor and shut the f*ck up.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942