Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

(Random Suggestions) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   JAK Icon

• Account: jak

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

I sit here now bored out of my mind since its so hot outside i could make a nice egg sunny side up.

But to relieve myself ill make up a few totally random suggestions

Disclaimer: I dont like everyone one of these ideas but its good to have the community talking and thinking.

1. Deployable cover: a item in your inventory that drops out to form a small box that could be used for cover or to reach a higher spot, or maybe to use as an diversion. Easy destroyable.

+ Pros: Would be cool to stack and make forts :3 Wouldn't block since they can be destroyed very easily with gun fire or nades.

- Cons: Jump maps might be broken *but could be just turned off with ggear anyway*
MIGHT encourage camping

2. New mode(Escape) Team A starts off on one side of the map and has to make it to their enemy's side to win. Team B stays on their side and snipes, nades, shoots, and just generally defends side B. Only one has to make it to score.

Pros: This mode helps the notion that urt is more movement based.

Cons: Some players might not understand the objectives at first (noobs who cant read).

3. A boost for more medics I feel like medics should get some type of boost for being good ppl. I'm thinking when a medic heal they get their stamina back at 200%, speed but only when medding others.

4. Light Kevlar Less protection less stamina penalty.

5. Cook-able smoke nades This purely just doesn't make sense that smoke nade wont start while in your hand.

6. A more in depth tutorial What would this take like 5 mins?
Hell id be willing to do it :P. Explaining penalty and all the weapons a bit better. Also maybe explaining that using the negav and camping is not recommend and doesn't help improve their skill as much.

Well tell me what you guys think and discuss.

:O!

#2 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:40 AM

1. Deployable cover: I can only see the cons here, it'd definately promote camping and doesn't really fit into the feel of the game for me.

2. New mode(Escape): Can't see how this would work. On most maps it'd be nearly impossible to stop at least 1 person from the other team reaching your side if they all rushed. It would require new maps with easily defendable choke points, which in turn would bring out all the bad things about UrT, not the good.

3. A boost for more medics: As a medic myself some form of incentive might be useful, especially on pubs. Sometimes I don't bother going medic on pubs because it's a waste of a loadout slot, and there aren't enough medics in general, especially in TS where they're actually very useful.

4. Light Kevlar: No real pros or cons, don't see the need but then don't see a reason why not either.

5. Cook-able smoke nades: This would lead to more smoke in inappropriate places IMO, because the smoker didn't realise he/she only had a certain time within which to throw it.

6. A more in depth tutorial: If it would only take 5 mins why haven't you done it yet :)

This post has been edited by Kendle: 01 June 2010 - 09:41 AM

#3 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

View Postjak, on 31 May 2010 - 11:37 PM, said:

Also maybe explaining that using the negav is not recommend and doesn't help improve their skill as much.

I got 90 little friends that disagree with you and they would all like to have a word with you! :happy:

This post has been edited by Nexu: 01 June 2010 - 10:40 AM

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

lol.

best weapon in a '4 enemies around me, none of them pays attention only to me' scenarios. Rare sometimes, but when it happens.

--

i guess it happens a lot in CTF defense.

This post has been edited by mitsubishi: 01 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942