Urban Terror Forums: [COMMENT] start Passport update when 4.2 is out - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[COMMENT] start Passport update when 4.2 is out

[SUGGESTION] ibid

#1 User is offline   Amiga777 Icon

• Account: amiga777

Posted 01 March 2010 - 02:27 AM

Frozen Sand,

Seeing this Passport update firsthand, gives me an interesting first impression: either 4.2 is right-around-the-corner or our appetites were meant to be whet REAAAL early. If its the latter, I'm not so sure it was the best move. Some similar Q3 gamesites, whose names I won't mention made major updates to their site/forum the day of the upgrade to a new version of their mod.

While everything appears to be just about in order as promised in the latest news post, I pointed out at least once that, it took me some considerable time to figure out where I was supposed to find the "merge your account" instructions (found the appropriate forum, just as I was looking for a place to post a complaint/suggestion about it).

As for Passport in general, the only gripe I currently got with that is the fact that it no longer keeps users' genders anonymous (gender-benders beware). Other than that, I admire Passport's clean and structured look.

What does seem weird sometimes is that when I log out and come back to the site, some unusual (and sometimes humourous) usernames appear in the upper right corner like "Banme" (if that's someones actual uname, I'm sorry), that I would appear to be logged in as. I hope this can be fixed if F. Sand didn't intend for these types of names to appear when one is not logged in.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942