Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ut4_vacuum Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fantm Icon

• Account: fantm

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hey guys! After many weeks of work, a new jump map is born! the map is set in a dark, ominous space station with jumps that make your mouth hit the floor. The jumps are challenging; patience is key with these jumps. because im typing this before school, i have to be quick. Textures and sfx by me, brushwork by DJ_De1337eD and Drizzt. thanks for your help guys!

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?g1dwkmzywn2

sorry for mediafire link- its all i could get this early in the morning.

Edit by H0i: Download link fixed

#2 User is offline   Skippy Icon

• Account: skippy
  • Main tag: xil.

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:19 PM

The page cannot be found...

Double check your link.

#3 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 08 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

http://www.mediafire.com/?g1dwkmzywn2

#4 User is offline   Mr.Siim Icon

• Account: mrsiim
  • Main tag: N00b|

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

ScreenShots? SIR!

#5 User is offline   Skippy Icon

• Account: skippy
  • Main tag: xil.

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

Thank you Driller, that link works just fine.

I had a chance to check out the map and I like it. There are some pretty tough jumps in there :D That hallway of ledges and cubbies is quite the nightmare if you miss one, fall and have to start over... you should name that area RageQuit.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Fantm Icon

• Account: fantm

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:54 PM

there is a revised version that fixes a few bugs that testers pointed out. link as follows:

http://www.mediafire.com/?z4yon4furzk

#7 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

Hi faNtM and De1337ed.
Like your map, kinda vertigo atmosphere (grey and huge rooms) with Jupiter/Saturn lights.. But its still far away from vertigo/saturn environment.
Some nice jumps it got, some jumps feel indeed as if de1337ed had done something with it. His de1337ed jumps is one of my favorite jumpmaps atm.

Bugs (or so...)
- Start at jump1: hologram says, vaccum (and not vacuum ?)
- Last jump: you know you can walljump in whole room. I read at urtjumpers you gonna delete the possibility to end this last jump with a walljump. Thats ok, then its a real hard jump without a last walljump after the slide (will be the hardest of the map, thats ok). But in begin you can walljump too, and skip platforms. Now i like to do alternative ways in a jumpmap. So here a variation. Start normal with 2 walljumps, platform, walljump (= skip 2nd platform), platform, walljump (= skip 4th platf.), slide and jump off. But when i land at the slide (= last platform) then i got hurt. Because i have jumped a wall and i am to high to land on this hurt floor.
So, for me: please make last platform (slide platform) of last jump also NO HURT floor, like the other platforms.
- And well, if you keep the possibility to do a walljump after the slide, then i recommend to make the final floor after the climbings NO HURT too. At least I can do a last walljump and skip the climbings and land at top. But its also hurt. No reason, so fix that please -)
(in this case, let the wall be jumpable at a high point, so when you do the normal slide way you cant walljump, and when you jump the thing above the slide you still can walljump!)
- Jump 7 has no name in beta1a
- Jump 3 i hear strange electronics sounds. And when you fall and you fall through, lets say, floorlevel, you get a strange sound and movement..... (try it with noclip, just fall from a little bit above floorheight.. then u see strange thing, as if the player model is not falling straight..)
- Other things i saw are already mentioned at urtjumpers.

Hope you can make the map a bit bigger. Nice total concept. More jumps. Not special harder, maybe a little bit, but please dont make it a pro map -)

Good Luck the two of you.

EDIT: Please make the invisible platform in jump 3 NO HURT too, it was 1 out of 5 times i didnt get hurt when i did jump 3 without walljump

This post has been edited by Driller: 31 March 2010 - 09:55 AM

#8 User is offline   Shade Icon

• Account: shade

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:35 AM

isnt the point of 'hurt floors' to make the jump map more challenging?

#9 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

Shade, the 2 lemmings/hurt-floors i talk about are special/alternative jumps. If you jump normal way you would not get hurt. So, in this case i ask for a no lemming when doing the variation.

But, you are right that a good jump map has some lemming.
I remember Daedalus released his Skyjumps_beta1. At the next to last jump you will see a Ramp jump, where you can lemming on the edge. He did that because uberjumps has that too, but he himself didnt like it at the moment. So he asked around if he would keep that lemming there, and really most players said: delete the lemming! i was one of the few who asked to keep the lemming (and i also begged for heavy spawnkilling in the first jumps, but he didnot want that. And i love spawenkills, but only in begin of map, it makes you awake/concentrated). So he didnt change the jump, only he made a sign next to the jump stating you could lemming there. but its a so called easy/average/short map, so its a good thing to put lemming in it, even at the end. With bigger harder pro maps i would not recommend it, no lemming and no tele/spawn killings.

That said, it would be a huge catastrophe if someone would, as an example, update Sliceyjumps and delete the 3 deadly lava parts (begin/middle/end). That would make me sad. No... angry!
But the deadly Lava Hop in old megajumps, to me that was a good thing to delete. (Well, i would have done it differently, i would keep the lava frist part or up to platform deadly, and from there i would make it non-hurting...) Same can be said about moonie deleting deadly lava in liquidnight.

ok, talked to much -)

#10 User is offline   Djde1337ed Icon

• Account: djde1337ed

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

Thank you for your comments about this map. Yes driller the last jump was suppose to be done without a walljump for the last one to make it a worthy last jump but the texture did not make it in there do to the rush release. This map is currently not being worked on. Fantm and Myself havent really played Urt in over 3 months. basically since we released vacuum. We do plan on coming back but we are currently taking a "break". i personally am taking a "break" because all my inspiration has gone out the window. Yes the brushwork of the jumps done in Vacuum was done by me. Fantm did the textures and scripts. He also came up with the concept for the last jump, i just executed the brushwork to his liking. But untill the inspiration hits me again, this project (along with de1337edjumps) is on hold.

This post has been edited by Djde1337ed: 21 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942