Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sneakers Icon

• Account: sneakers

Posted 11 March 2010 - 11:56 AM

My computer shut down when playing the game and now when I try to load the game I get this error: "Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem" What is the problem?

Running Fedora 12

#2 User is offline   Nationalist Icon

• Account: nationalist

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

View Postsneakers, on 11 March 2010 - 11:56 AM, said:

My computer shut down when playing the game and now when I try to load the game I get this error: "Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem" What is the problem?

Running Fedora 12

This is normally due to absent graphics card drivers. That said, you did say you were playing the game when your problem started, so maybe I don't know.

#3 User is offline   Evilslut Icon

• Account: evilslut

Posted 11 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

most likely you have ran an kernel update (yum update, received new kernel package) and the driver is not installed anymore for that particular kernel. Then when it crashed, you rebooted the kernel and loaded the newer installed kernel that does not have the nvidia driver.

reinstall driver as you have done before. or download latest stable from nvidia, go to init 3 install the driver (make sure nouveau driver is not enabled/active) and go back to init 5 and make sure the xorg config (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) still loads the nvidia driver and no other one.

Kind Regards
EViLSLuT

#4 User is offline   DragonWhisperer Icon

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:05 AM

EVilSLuT thank you for the post, it really helped me get UT back up.

View PostEvilslut, on 11 March 2010 - 04:24 PM, said:

most likely you have ran an kernel update (yum update, received new kernel package) and the driver is not installed anymore for that particular kernel. Then when it crashed, you rebooted the kernel and loaded the newer installed kernel that does not have the nvidia driver.

reinstall driver as you have done before. or download latest stable from nvidia, go to init 3 install the driver (make sure nouveau driver is not enabled/active) and go back to init 5 and make sure the xorg config (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) still loads the nvidia driver and no other one.

Kind Regards
EViLSLuT

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942