Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Save my GUID? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   blizakster Icon

• Account: blizakster

Posted 25 March 2010 - 12:18 PM

Is there a way to save my GUID from multiple systems ? Linux, Mac, windows.. ?

#3 User is offline   blizakster Icon

• Account: blizakster

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:11 PM

Well on some servers they use B3 bot and im a mod see so I'd like to save this from cpu to cpu I successfully did it once but only on linux by copying the .q3a folder to the other OS , I tried to do it for windows and all it saved was my settings? I just realized maybe it didnt save my udid? Maybe it was just my IP, ServerIP+Port since i was on the same network.

Also I only play on C9 servers which i trust entirely so maybe I could make my guid static ? And if i do this can i make my static guid what ever i want?

(Also just saying I did send those emails you requested)

Also if you could in the title of this change it to GUID ? Would probably help my case lol

This post has been edited by blizakster: 25 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

#4 User is offline   MaJ Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: maj

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

From what I understand, you have multiple installations of UrT and you want all of them to be the same guid for stats generation. All you need to do is make sure they all have the same qkey file. Your guid only depends on that file and the ip:port of the server to which you are connecting. There is nothing wrong with keeping the same qkey across your instances of UrT and no need to muck about with a static guid.

Guids don't depend on your client ip at all. They are only salted with the server's ip:port that you are connecting to when cl_guidServerUniq is set to 1 (which it should be).

#5 User is offline   savagebaboon Icon

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:34 PM

Is anyone able to verify whether the client IP has anything to do with the GUID? Just because raider and maj have conflicting versions on how the server unique GUID is made.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 12 February 2011 - 06:48 AM

in regards to b3 it is the qkey file
-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

#7 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

View PostRunamok, on 12 February 2011 - 06:48 AM, said:

in regards to b3 it is the qkey file

We see it all the time. Players did a re-install or whatever and were wondering what happened to their stats. Runamok is correct!

With regards to b3 stats, keep your qkey file (cfgs, maps etc) and as Raider said, no need to mess with your guid at all.

This post has been edited by BorderFox: 12 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

BorderFox

#8 User is offline   savagebaboon Icon

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

Cheers I have done some tests and found that people in the server with a dynamic IP still have the sane GUID when their IP changes so maj is correct.

#9 User is offline   Respekt Icon

• Account: respekt

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

So the guid doesn't change? And if the guid change how can i change it back?
I really like UrT :o

#10 User is offline   savagebaboon Icon

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

There are two ways you can have a GUID.

cl_guidServerUniq 1

and

cl_guidServerUniq 0

The first, 'cl_guidServerUniq 1' means as you may guess, the GUID is different on each server you visit. This is because your GUID will be generated and influenced by your qkey, server IP and server port. So you should get the same GUID for each specific server.

The other option is to set 'cl_guidServerUniq 0', this will make your GUID static. So it'll be the same on all servers.

So yes, as default your GUID will be different for each server unless you set 'cl_guidServerUniq 0'.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942