Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Got Hard Drives? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:53 AM

Think about it. 1 PSU for your MB, Vid card (For those vid cards that require a molex connection or two) , Floppy, and Main HD.

1 PSU for everything else, lights, other HD, CD-rom and DVD writers, case fans etc.

Oh yeah and 11, yeah ELEVEN possible drive combinations. Also convertable to BTX MOBO format when it becomes common.

Who could want anything more?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Plus a crossflow fan that blows external air directly across the mobo.

http://www.atruerevi...acker/index.php

PS: The Unit for the USB/Firewire etc ports can be moved to any of the 11 locations.

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, nice case. The PSU's dont come with it, right? I hate it when you have to pay for PSU's you're not even going to use.

And I would not attach the 80cm fan in the top, that one's too noisy and not needed imo if you allready have a 300mm and 2 120mm fans running.

Any idea if this case is a little quiete?

oooh, now I see something bad. The 300mm thing is not what I expected. I thought a 300mm fan could be placed in the side-panel, in that big hole. But thats not the case, only a 80mm fan can be placed there. That's a shame. Even a 120mm would have been a lot better.

#3 User is offline   space-monkey (old) Icon

• LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:06 PM

that case is huge though i know someone who has one.

that case would be quite since all it needs is 120mm fans in the front and back and put a low spinning 80mm fan on the top or side,
oh and that side filter is the perfect size for a window too since its diameter is 11.75 inchs or something close to that so it would be easy to install a window.
also support that new mobo type that needs two power supplys so it hold one on the top and bottom.

it would probably be a good case for water cooling too with all the room in it :)

#4 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:07 PM

[quote name='"woekele"]oooh' date=' now I see something bad. The 300mm thing is not what I expected. I thought a 300mm fan could be placed in the side-panel, in that big hole. But thats not the case, only a 80mm fan can be placed there. That's a shame. Even a 120mm would have been a lot better.[/quote']

It shouldn't be too difficult to pull out your dremel and do a bit of a modification so that you can put a 120mm fan in the side :D

#5 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:16 PM

The BTX form factor motherboard will only need one power supply about the same wattage as current motherboards. It will just be in a different and more efficient, IE speedy, configuration. it also will allow for better cooling of the processor.

http://www.anandtech...doc.html?i=1876

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   space-monkey (old) Icon

• LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

For those of you heavily invested in your ATX motherboard and AGP graphics card, there's no reason for panic. It will take quite a while before the death of ATX

good i just upgraded lmao =/

#7 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

For those of you heavily invested in your ATX motherboard and AGP graphics card' date=' there's no reason for panic. It will take quite a while before the death of ATX[/quote']

good i just upgraded lmao =/

Well just take a look at how long it took ISA slots to finally disappear from motherboards LOL. But then again I did see a motherboard for p4 800mhz FSB that actually DOES have a single ISA slot on it. Will try to find the link and it was from a major brand MOBO too, not some unknown trash manufacturer.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942