• You cannot reply to this topic

Urban Terror deemed dangerous!?! Rate Topic: ***** 8 Votes

#1 User is offline   Decoy Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: decoy
  • Main tag: .:|

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:10 PM

Urban Terror under investigation by German government authorities

The German government is making laws to protect the German youth from violent video games.
Their belief is that violent video games influence teenagers to think that killing people in real life is okay.

In a few weeks time, the German government will decide whether Urban Terror should be classified as a dangerous game!

The German commission may well decide that Urban Terror is too violent and should therefore be put on a list of "Dangerous Video Games for adolescents". Our website and game will then be blocked from schools and other institutions.

Obviously this will only apply to Germany.

Read the full article here

#2 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:20 PM

Sad news :(

well, it will be blocked from schools and 'other institutions' does that mean they can still play it at home?

maybe put visible disclaimers on the website and game to say that the game and devs are anti gun violence in real life.

#3 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:34 PM

This is so stupid. If governments would just realize what actually happens with games like Urban Terror, they would probably make it mandatory in the schools.
Personally, I belong to one clan, and am founder of another, and both have players from all over the world, and it brings us closer and makes the world a smaller place. We all get along even with the language barriers, and on the forums we talk about a lot of different subjects, not just Urt. I feel through being part of the Urban Terror community I have friends all over the world, and in this world we live in, that can't be bad.
There is so much other stuff out there that is bad, that maybe if we all played Urban Terror, the world would be a more understanding and peaceful place.. :smile:

#5 User is offline   2.f4 Icon

• Account: 2f4

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:43 PM

"Terror"
is the keyword
made by: google translator and common sense

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   ValkoVer Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: valkover

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

They just don't want next Hitler This game isn't very violent, so i think shouldn't be banned.

#8 User is offline   Respekt Icon

• Account: respekt

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:51 PM

I don't care about this because :

It says : Only blocked for places like universitys and schools, etc ...

I go to school and well everytime I play urt, in the break of 5 minutes too :)

And I don't like it when I play ctf damn respawn time I allways cry if I have to wait 12 seconds in a break of 5 min :(

BLOCK Urban Terror and this bad forum from public places !

In the german opinion I only can say ridiculous.
I really like UrT :o

#9 User is offline   TheRealFubar Icon

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

View PostRespekt, on 14 April 2010 - 06:51 PM, said:

I don't care about this because :

It says : Only blocked for places like universitys and schools, etc ...

I go to school and well everytime I play urt, in the break of 5 minutes too :)

And I don't like it when I play ctf damn respawn time I allways cry if I have to wait 12 seconds in a break of 5 min :(

BLOCK Urban Terror and this bad forum from public places !

In the german opinion I only can say ridiculous.

But would you care if they tried to ban it at YOUR school?

#10 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

I think UrT's main argument is the possibility to turn blood off, thus reducing the level of gore to minimum. Perhaps it would be a good move to make a special category in options menu for parents. Password protected settings that allow people to turn off chat (we all know how much people tend to swear on servers), turn off blood, and perhaps even remove the exploding head animation so when someone is shot in the head from a DE or SR8 the animation looks same as if they were shot with any other weapon.
I believe such addition would help bypass those laws.

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942