Urban Terror Forums: Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc.

#11 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:12 AM

WHy? Why do gamers continue to come back, with all the "new games" that are supposed to do a mod like ours in

#12 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:47 AM

[quote name='"Oswald"]WHy? Why do gamers continue to come back' date=' with all the "new games" that are supposed to do a mod like ours in[/quote']
because there is no mod like yours?

#13 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:04 AM

are you fishing for more compliments there ossie :roll:

but i dunno is it oswald driving around towns all through europe and the america's brainwashing people in the back of his 1984 buick lesabra he lures them in there with offers of sweets or to see his puppy's ? :shock:

but i think its called playability myself that and most newer engines have cack online support who wants 4-8 player servers no realy its stupid people want to play fast online fun shooters which urt is but people get distracted by looks instead of gameplay even if it was for a couple of months.

and i dont think anyone said would do you in (allrhough i like bfv) :)

i think people are and where saying why go almost sideways when you could push it just a bit further using a new engine add new features but would i like to see 4 player utd3 erm i dont think so that would get boring also wouldnt be what urts about by all means the gfx have been polished step by step but there a secondary thing to how the game feels and plays

but i think people and I would hope you will keep adding tweaking even after the etut conversion. cause for some its got better and better but for me since 2.5 i cant hit the side of a barn but im enjoying it every 6-8 months a new version if theres a conversion to etut id guess it would be seen to be a final version. :cry:

#14 User is offline   RedGlyndwr (old) Icon

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:57 PM

yup - ya said the magic word pres - playability.

no wandering for miles looking for a piece action,
no getting stressed cos other peeps have nicked all the hardware
just good fast fun gaurenteed every time.
It was like it when I started playing the mod over four years ago with [*] ... and its still like it now.

Always makes me smile to see the old-timers comming back (or never quite leaving) - because they just cant find the right buzz else where :)

#15 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:42 PM

Full ACK to initial post. :D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:10 PM

Fishing for comments? Not at all, I feel it is quite a legit question.

#17 User is offline   Delerius Icon

• Account: delerius

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:38 PM

Kinda wish UrT has as much success as CS, it's superior in every since of a TC in my honest opinion... Although I've been saying this for awhile, just gotta pay homage to UrT for making a sweet mod.

#18 User is offline   A C E .....hole (old) Icon

• LocationFrom within.

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:53 PM

OS---To answer the question --- What Red said -- Playability

#19 User is offline   DoctorDominology (old) Icon

• LocationDouble Six

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:28 PM

Why would Oswald fish for compliments? He's just the mouthpiece anyway, its the other guys who do all the hard work. :wink:

#20 Guest_[PoD]Addicted

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:08 AM

I keep coming back because other games bore me to death

They might be realistic but they are too damn slow

They might be fast but its a stupid spammy spazzfest

Wow a FPS MPORG takes you 30 minutes to login find a squad and start battle and even then its like a CTF game with unlimited caps gets old

Oh look Doom3 Pretty but boring with 4 people and ownage by those with UBER systems

Urban Terror plays like nobody else can do it. It has something Unique that nobody can match up to.

Show me 1 game out there anyone that is exactly like Urban Terror

There are none

In the other games they are all the same, either realistic and slow or fast and spazzyspam nothing has a blend out there. They are all duplicates of eachother with nothing unique to them.

I think Urban Terror in ET is going to give the community a better chance at recruiting new players to taste the difference. Countless times I've told people about this game but the struggle to get a quake3 cd is just too much bs to go through.

I know when it comes out I will get 5-10 people I know to give it a try that previously were halted by the quake3 cd key.

Thanks again SID when I say GG I really mean it.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942