Urban Terror Forums: Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc.

#21 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 17 September 2004 - 03:37 AM

[quote name='"DoctorDominology"]Why would Oswald fish for compliments? He's just the mouthpiece anyway' date=' its the other guys who do all the hard work. :wink:[/quote']

never claimed to be anything Im not.

#22 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 17 September 2004 - 02:50 PM

Fishing pwnz ..
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   lachesis (old) Icon

Posted 18 September 2004 - 12:08 PM

lol @ wastedscal

Why we return

I fired up another mod yesterday, eagerly anticipating what was promised ‘..a huge level of graphical beauty combined with realism and fantastic gameplay…’

Finally a DX9 version of an UrT clone perhaps? I start it up and am practically slobbering now with anticipation. I start the game – WTF is this, one game mode (Team Survivor), servers that support 12 people max on huge maps so I am running round for like ten minutes before I see anyone – if I die there’s nothing down for me except to sit there and watch the rest of the game unfold.

No CTF/TDM, bugs everywhere – mod devs have announced that the mod will become retail anyway in a few months. Pfffft.

As has already been mentioned, most of the realism based mods now are so slow, it’s hard to get excited about them – it would be the equivalent of going to see Ronnie O’Sullivan and ending up with Steve Davis. I can’t even jump three feet to get on a pool table FFS!!

There’s a balance to strike when making a realism mod – some things just aren’t fun in virtual surroundings, UrT is one of those games that strikes a fine line and gets it spot-on. It is a game after all.

The game-play is just fast and furious – you don’t have to sit on team-speak and be silent in case you miss a vital footstep. You get great kicks of dropping a gren by someone’s foot and watching them fly across the map.

After playing other mods/games as well, I think you’d be hard pressed to find a better community that the UrT one (the genuine gamers anyway). You can log onto servers and know at least three people on there. Newbies are encouraged and not flamed.

The devs have supported this mod (as stated by Os I think for four years – whilst still in Beta stages), what other mod would be in beta for four years? – usually they release an official version after just 6 months that’s littered with bugs and release patches every quarter or something while they work on other projects. AFAIK I am happy that now the bugs have been ironed out and everyone is looking forward to the ‘official release’ which will be ported to the ET engine.

You don’t need a monster of a machine to run it either. Pick up Q3A for like £5 and then just get UrT – that’s what I bought Q3A for anyway, had UrT been on the next shelf for like £20 I would have parted with the cash no questions asked.

No more to say – I love this game

#24 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 19 September 2004 - 03:29 AM

Nice post, and yes, it is bloody hard to leave this game. :)

Only to be part of this great community is worth every minute put down in playing the game. But all the fun wars, great pub moments, silly convos on IRC and hectic forumdiscussions about politics and whatever. I've made real friends through Urban Terror, that only is worth a huge cheers to SID! :mrgreen:

Even being banned for a few days I was, ahaaahahahahaahahaaa... :P

#25 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:08 AM

lol rk... remember that... :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 Guest_PunisherFrosty

Posted 20 September 2004 - 01:30 AM

I have plaied urt for a long long time. just as long as many of us here, but ill tell ya one thing that makes me happy to say about this game, not alot of bullshit head shots. i have been playing cod for the past two weeks and ill tell ya they really did a nice job but with the bullshit random head shots which seems to be like 8 out of 10 times is annoying as hell. no matter what game u go to there are gonna be laggers.

how ever whats gotten annoying with urt for me is just the basic shot around the corner that hits me but yet i didnt even turn the corner yet. its a lag problem, or even a server problem. whats gotten really annoying this is the fps drops just random drops. but still no other game is like urt and I hope sid makes urt2 since they have gotten real good at what they do..

so I have no problem with the game at all but i just hope sid posts us some things on there new mods in the urt forums or on the site cause id sure like to beta test there next mod or even game.

punisher

forgive my poor writing my kinda freaken out here lol.

#27 User is offline   gHOstFaCe (old) Icon

• LocationMiami, FL US

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:12 PM

UrT is in muh blood. No game has kept my intrest for so long. I quit looking for new games, because I always end up back at UrT. Its fast paced heart pounding action. I love the feeling I get when I'm about to start a 2v2 TS match, no other game has ever done that for me. Plus you guys, for teh most part, are pretty cool. I wouldn' t be here if it weren't for the community.

Bottom line = Urt rOx & the community r0x!

GG all

#28 User is offline   D-Trix (old) Icon

• LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 September 2004 - 11:37 PM

I can quite honestly declare UrT the BEST FPS game out there. I too have loaded up many Q3 mods as well as CoD, Desert Combat, BFVN, UT2K4 and Painkiller and never once have I received the rush and thrill that I get playing UrT.

Kudos to SID.

Trix

#29 User is offline   [MMC]evil-Bishop (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 23 September 2004 - 08:56 PM

I´m addicted since beta 1.17 and never stopped playing for longer than 3 or 4 weeks.
U|T is punishment and reward, it´s like a stop and go bl0wjob, from hell to heaven just in an hour of playing it.

Just join a server, see some familiar faces, have fun (or not, if your´re dying to often ;) ).
I really love it and never want to miss it.

#30 User is offline   chacal (old) Icon

Posted 24 September 2004 - 08:44 PM

[quote name='"Oswald"]WHy? Why do gamers continue to come back' date=' with all the "new games" that are supposed to do a mod like ours in[/quote']

Real Weapons with dinamic play (not 90% real - But thats why the game is so fun).

When you play games like CS, UT2004 you dont stay long time in front of the computer, but UrT is vicious--> "20 minutes map, and more 20 minutes, ok! Last Map! ... i stay to much time in front of the game...

Os, UrT is unique, dont care wich mod you playm, you always come back. Why? Dont Know... but i cant have fun with others, a game that make me have fun like UrT was the CoD Online. That why i said still investing in this mod, because it worst the time.

Anyway os, you can show to us some news about UT ET, its time dont you think...???? :wink: :lol:

hugs from behind to you. :lol:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942