Urban Terror Forums: Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Some things to say.....about SID, UrT etc.

#81 Guest_fpk

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:22 AM

get a life illogical, the world does not revolve like you want it to and don't be Os #2, one is too many.

A valid reason for one might not be for another. If that wasn't the case, It would be paradise on Earth but people bitch constantly around the world on whatever topic so excuses can be valid from a certain point of view which you may disagree with.

Hell, if nobody ever whined and nobody ever made a single argument and agreed with everybody and everything, we wouldn't have the wheel today.

Finding flaws is what makes innovation. If we always agreed and always said "THIS PROGRAM IS GREAT" no matter how buggy it is, you think this helps the developpers? Maybe for the first week where he might feel good but he has to face the reality and see the flaws in his design.

Please, we can be thankful that we have a mod that makes our quake 3 copy last longer but thats about it.

#82 User is offline   Trolan (old) Icon

• LocationMilpitas, CA

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:32 AM

Finding flaws refines innovation. It doesn't cause it. In any case, find me a single great invention masterminded by a commitee.

Leave the designers to work on their project, and when there's something to critique, then go for it. As I recall, I think 3.7 is the end of the Q3 line of UrT, there's no real dicsussion needed on that topic, and as there's no release of ET:UrT released, there's no room for critique there either yet.

Right now all the whining is probably doing is aggrivating the devs, and stirring up more ill sentiment in the community from those who slowly get swayed by all the gripes. You surround someone with enough of something, after a while, they believe it.

#83 User is offline   blackrayne (old) Icon

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:08 AM

wow...one of the best respones in my opinion lol

#84 Guest_fpk

Posted 02 November 2004 - 04:55 AM

oh I see. So at first we had vehicles with squared wheels and one guy said "hey, this doesn't make sense!" so they innovated and made the wheel? They made the wheel by seeing the benefit of something roundish that could roll. The wheel didn't replace anything when it first came out. That invention right there is good enough to counterattack your argument.

Now as for the critics of the et port? Why did we need a rocket scientist to tell us that we can't critic the port? Hell, I mind as well write a review on quake 4.

Since ET is a port of 3.7, we have to make sure the serious bugs, the ones the most bitched about won't also be ported unless it's those so-called "features".

If nobody bitches right now, a shitload of flaws will be also imported BUT we have to remember that theres a difference between using constructive arguments and "whining". I never encouraged whining. I always encouraged criticism because this is what leads humans to come up with more options and later take the optimal result. This ain't a brainer.

If you consider criticism as "whining", then our conversation is offroad so you deserve the "wtf" reward.
Posted Image

#85 User is offline   Trolan (old) Icon

• LocationMilpitas, CA

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:33 AM

[quote name='"fpk"]oh I see. So at first we had vehicles with squared wheels and one guy said "hey' date=' this doesn't make sense!" so they innovated and made the wheel? They made the wheel by seeing the benefit of something roundish that could roll. The wheel didn't replace anything when it first came out. That invention right there is good enough to counterattack your argument.[/quote']

Uh... wha? That sounds like you're agreeing with my point. "one guy said" notes no commitee involved.

[quote name='"fpk"]Now as for the critics of the et port? Why did we need a rocket scientist to tell us that we can't critic the port? Hell' date=' I mind as well write a review on quake 4.[/quote']

Once again concurring with my point.

[quote="fpk"]Since ET is a port of 3.7, we have to make sure the serious bugs, the ones the most bitched about won't also be ported unless it's those so-called "features".

If nobody bitches right now, a shitload of flaws will be also imported BUT we have to remember that theres a difference between using constructive arguments and "whining". I never encouraged whining. I always encouraged criticism because this is what leads humans to come up with more options and later take the optimal result. This ain't a brainer.[/quote]

Taking a quick look at the first page for this forum, I see two notable 'bugs', both simply posted and suitably described. One issue in FTL and one with team swap and /ready state. The rest is people complaining about items covered in documentation, items which are under server admin control (wave respawn), their network (ut_timenudge), or items already stated to not be on the table for change (walljump, for example).

[quote name='"fpk"]If you consider criticism as "whining"' date=' then our conversation is offroad so you deserve the "wtf" reward.[/quote']

W00T! I always wanted one of those! There's a difference between criticism and whining. Criticism is polite, constructive, reasoned and healthy. Whining is "I hate this, someone fix it" without any justification or suggestions to the point at hand.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:18 PM

Finding flaws refines innovation. It doesn't cause it. In any case, find me a single great invention masterminded by a commitee.

Leave the designers to work on their project, and when there's something to critique, then go for it. As I recall, I think 3.7 is the end of the Q3 line of UrT, there's no real dicsussion needed on that topic, and as there's no release of ET:UrT released, there's no room for critique there either yet.

Right now all the whining is probably doing is aggrivating the devs, and stirring up more ill sentiment in the community from those who slowly get swayed by all the gripes. You surround someone with enough of something, after a while, they believe it.

This calls for a classic:

WORD!

#87 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:25 PM

We have always been open to criticism, because that usually will help improve things that are flawed. But to have gamers bitch, just because they think it is their god given right, then it will fall on deaf ears. Always has and will continue to do. Also, how do you critic something which is not even released? You can't. Oh wait, we have not delivered, is that was the criticism is? We are busying taking time off and doing nothing? Sure, we are on a break, we are tired and have put many hours and much effort into what we have done the past 4 years. We also have our own plans as to what is going to be created. This is something that is not open to the community to decide. We have not shared many ideas and plans with the community, because we are not ready to. ETUT is still being planned. When? Dunno, when we have more info we will drop it to the community.

#88 User is offline   gHOstFaCe (old) Icon

• LocationMiami, FL US

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:56 PM

[quote name='"SiR"]There is a much easier way to enable more new players to play' date=' than porting to ET...... all the hoarding biatches with 3 copies of Q3, could give some up to the charity of newbies ;)[/quote']

I am actually running UrT on 3 machines at my house. 2 of muh fellow clan members come over to play. It's better than Team Speak, plus I can turn and physically hit them if the shoot me.

#89 User is offline   blzd|sicmade (old) Icon

• LocationSeattle,WA

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:54 AM

I personally think 3.7 is the best release so far. Only thing i miss is the weapon modes for the grenades :(

#90 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:13 AM

not missing, it was not included.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942