Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

n00b question #1394 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NakedAssassin (old) Icon

• Location55.56°N 4.01°W

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:43 PM

If I design and build a level, testing and playing it on ET, will this be 100% compatible with ETUT when it is released?

I'm a complete novice when it comes to mapping... I am assuming that it would be compatible in the same way most q3 maps work perfectly with Urban Terror.

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:53 PM

yep. you cant use urban terror specific entities now tho. some game modes might be fuxed up then (spawns....) but that should be easy fix then. its all about the entities really. the map itself (brushes, textures) will be doing fine in ETUT.

#3 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:33 PM

Actually no, the scale in et is quite different to q3ut, and etut's scale.

It's a better idea just to make the map for q3ut as it currently stands. All you need to do then is change the lighting a little and recompile it.

If your aim is to make a map that will both work for eta and etut you'll be out of luck sorry. Given the choice between making etut combatible with et or q3ut it's obvious we had to choose etut.

If scale is going to be a problem you can convert your map to a ase model and scale that but I would avoid it where possible. If you want more ase info have a look at shimnky's tutuorail: http://www.forums.ur...topic.php?t=746 .

#4 Guest_Map4Fun

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:39 PM

Actually no, the scale in et is quite different to q3ut, and etut's scale.

It's a better idea just to make the map for q3ut as it currently stands. All you need to do then is change the lighting a little and recompile it.

Is it just the lighting scale you are refering to or is it as wel the scale for brushes/models etc ??
If its the brush/model scale aswell then maybe you could post the differences in scale between q3ut and etut ??

The lighting i can understand because ET does a better job in lighting with a lot of extra options.

And now we are on the ET mapping stuff, is ETUT gonna use the map_max/min coordinates like ET does ??

M4F

#5 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 14 September 2004 - 04:58 PM

ooops, sry bout that. /me shuts up now

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

Brush Scale.

I"m not exactly sure what the ratio bettween the etut and et player models are sorry.

#7 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 16 September 2004 - 07:09 PM

i believe q3ut players are 64 units high and enemy territory ones are 72.

#8 Guest_rustytnt

Posted 19 September 2004 - 07:43 AM

so if you scale to the et sized players at worst - you'll have those high doorways and ceilings that you need a ladder for to clean properly...but at least you'll be more easily able to transfer to et urt

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942