Urban Terror Forums: Regular mini mapping competitons every 2-3 months - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Regular mini mapping competitons every 2-3 months Rate Topic: -----

Rules & Info

#11 User is offline   Skadude Icon

• Account: skadude

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:18 PM

Sounds good. i would like to take part but i'm learning to model. i'm just learning how to use blender. I've made a few things but dont know how to export them to get them to show in urban terror.

anyone?

PS:
Del your mapping is some of my favorite i just wish you would make a killer CTF map:D. Tohunga(spelling) is one of the best looking maps ive seen in urban terror.

#12 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

oooh a quarterly speed mapping comp sounds good.
i've been lazy, hopefully i can participate in one again at some time in the future!

there are actually quite a few urt mappers around, just need to go beyond the community forums to let them know about this sorta thing so they can come and contribute. I know i've introduced a few guys who i've met in servers to come and take part here.

#13 User is offline   KhaotiK-Lord Icon

• Account: khaotiklord

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:13 PM

wow that sounds pretty wicked :biggrin:. i need to get my skills up when it comes to making something quick, instead of taking time to make sure its right :blink:. ie ut4_sidewinder atm.. yea i'll give it a shot, just hope i have the time :tongue:

if i can come out of it with the mad lighting skillz like you have del for your maps, ill be smiling like a Cheshire cat on speed LOL :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:

#14 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:15 PM

I've seen some cool mapping competitions and just.. job application mapping tests, including:

- the contest posts a real life picture of a building (but you can only see one or 2 sides of the building in the picture obviously), and then people map the entire building (not necessarily the inside though), so they also have to come up with what they think the other 2 sides of the building look like.

- on a mapping job application, they have a nice black and white sketch of a partial view of an area of a map (for example a wall with a door and some pipes going overhead etc - the sketch shows a vignette of a fully developed theme and idea for the map) and then the mapper has to take that and complete the entire room (floor, ceiling, other 3 walls, maybe connecting halls etc) Sort of a "complete the scene" thing. Also it's cool that it's black and white because then people would come up with their own color solutions.

Although if you did just do a theme like "sewer", "wilderness" etc and then give them a grid size limit then that would give complete freedom on what interesting stuff people could make.

#15 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

It would be fun since it would avoid for people looking towards perfection before releasing a map. And could possibly result in a good quantity of nicer maps.

Oh count me in.

This post has been edited by Solitary: 27 April 2010 - 01:52 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

I like the motives why to have this Del!

But when you kick this off. Make sure to give helpful links to resources to help noob mappers (like moi :biggrin:
)

And yeah, count me in too!

#17 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:46 PM

to help noob mappers

then i would maybe try ;)

#18 User is offline   Delirium Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: delirium

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:51 PM

posted Rules/guidelines please give me your opinions/idea and contribute to the ones i have there, this competition is to benefit you guys so i want to make this a good experience :)

see the OP for more

#19 User is offline   Rocket Icon

• Account: rocket
  • Main tag: RS|

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:27 AM

Sounds good to me :rolleyes:
But maybe you should explain what /r_speed is??? :huh:

This post has been edited by Rocket: 28 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

#20 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

View PostRocket, on 28 April 2010 - 02:27 AM, said:

But maybe you should explain what /r_speed is??? :huh:

it shows what and how much your computer is drawing at any given moment in time where you stand in a map.
try it out in a \devmap
it's good to keep an eye on the stuff so it doesnt bog down your computer too much, there are a few ways to reduce it, there are plenty tutorials and discussions around. :)

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942