Bugs and Suggestions list discussion Rate Topic: -----

Discussion here

#41 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

1.) Oh, you don't use windows, ok.
2.) I don't see why not, as far as I know you can still use q3 with passport, I havn't heared that it will change. But I am not involved in passport at all, so maybe you should ask raider or kalish.

#42 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

I guess I'll try kalish then.
[img]http://i188.photobuc...n35/urt/sig.jpg[/img]
/*----------------------------------------------------------------------
All normal mapped(bump mapped) and specular mapped .|^|.
Just a few of many, and more to come.
----------------------------------------------------------------------*/

#43 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 03 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

Here what the french community gave after 4 days :

• The reloading. Sometimes the reload animation is "stuck" and you can't switch weapon until the animation ends. Normally, the reload animation should stop when you switch weapon.
  • During a timeout, players get their stamina back [seems random].
  • If you throw all your knives, and try to medic someone (with nothing in the hands), there is no medic noise.
  • The fire mode can change randomly (for example if you drop your SR8 and pick a LR300 up, sometimes the weapon you get is in semi or burst, whereas it wasnt when it was dropped by the previous player).
  • Slots numbers are wrong in the detailed logs report, which causes the famous B3 bug with aliases. Suggestion : the log should display the ID (or Passport ID in 4.2) with the slot number [Thanks Courgette, this bug was already posted somewhere here].
  • The /rcon status command gives incomplete answers if there are private slots on the server [bug already reported too].
  • Sometimes you jump off 2 meters of something, but you lemming and get killed even with full health.
  • If you wear tactical goggles, on score screenshots, dead bodies appear like with brigtskin (which reminds some kind of a hax). This bug caused several conversations in different competitions.
  • If you walljump on curved walls, sometimes you grab it instead of just bouncing. It's common in tunnel on Abbey, for example.
  • If you throw 2 grenades in a row, the second will blow up faster (~ 1 seconde).
  • It's impossible to "rearm" a second nade. You can't "repull the pin in". [VERY ANNOYING BUG.]
  • Alive players refreshing doesn't work well. Sometimes the overlay displays teammates as alive instead there are dead.
  • If you capture a flag during pre-game countdown, the scored point stays displayed on scoreboard and is registered as a valable point during all the half.
  • This is also a famous bug : in CTF, when an enemy drops the flag in front of you, if you walk on it at the same time, the flag doesn't return. You have to stay by it and then walk on it again.
  • More or less same problem with waves. Sometimes you spawn whereas you shouldn't. Thats why sometimes you even get the countdown for the next wave on your screen while playing whereas you should be dead.
  • If someone uses a dot as a nickname, his/her remaining life isn't displayed above him/her.
  • This is subtle : there is a shift between player position and his hitmesh when that player is "un"grabbing. If you shot him at this time, you can hit him as he was still in the high position.

Few other things :
- "A filter that will hide passworded servers from the server list".
- "The ability to stop making a server list when looking for servers (if you see a server but you can’t select it because the list keeps expanding)".
--> Those lines are requested features, not bugs (wrong place in the topic).

- "SR8 doesn't always unzoom when appropriate damage is done.".
It's wrong. It's not a bug. It's the antilag consequence. You hit a sniper, and at the same moment he shots you down (while scoped), you think the unzoom feature didn't work out. It's wrong, it's because the antilag allows you not to take into account the ping differences (and in fact the player actually shoted 100 or 200 ms before you, but the server registered the information later). This was explained by Tarquin on a DailyNade article.

This post has been edited by Tizz: 03 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

#44 User is offline   H0i Icon

•   former FS member   
    Modeler
  • Account: h0i

Posted 03 June 2010 - 06:17 PM

Updated again, thank you tizz and the others for reporting all those bugs.

#45 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:02 AM

It's pretty obvious you need someone that understands what each issue is when listing it (some seem duplicated or very improperly phrased or they don't make sense).

And you need to read the forum.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 04 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

View Postmitsubishi, on 04 June 2010 - 01:02 AM, said:

It's pretty obvious you need someone that understands what each issue is when listing it (some seem duplicated or very improperly phrased or they don't make sense).

And you need to read the forum.

if only there was someone around here that was familiar with all these bugs ... and maybe even had already fixed many of them ... and possibly been around the forums long enough to know the history of a lot of these bugs and such ... where could we possibly find a person like this? there used to be someone like that, he shared the same initial's as Frozen Sands.

This post has been edited by Slackin: 04 June 2010 - 03:02 AM

#47 User is offline   DeMS Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: dems

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:25 AM

View PostTizz, on 03 June 2010 - 10:19 AM, said:

[*] If someone uses a dot as a nickname, his/her remaining life isn't displayed above him/her.

Also happens with underscores : _

It might happen with other punctuation signs too.

#48 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:34 AM

View PostSlackin, on 04 June 2010 - 03:01 AM, said:

if only there was someone around here that was familiar with all these bugs ... and maybe even had already fixed many of them ... and possibly been around the forums long enough to know the history of a lot of these bugs and such ... where could we possibly find a person like this? there used to be someone like that, he shared the same initial's as Frozen Sands.

No I don't understand everything necessarily though it might be ideal to have them compiled from people that each understand an issue well.

I was mostly implying a lead coder of the project.

#49 User is offline   slackin Icon

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

yea, I know you weren't implying that, but I am ;p Your are certainly familiar with all of it, and very active, plus already have 1st hand knowledge of patches needed for a lot of these issues. Maybe not like you take it over, but maybe like you managing the bug reports? kinda what I meant, but hell I don't even know if you would want to do that or not.

PS: I say this cause you are here on the forums 24/7 and have already made many patches, hence you know the people and bugs, and what to do about most of them. Plus since your already here and reading each one of these, why not update the bug list, since you are one of the most well informed. just my two cents

This post has been edited by Slackin: 04 June 2010 - 10:57 AM

#50 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

I just read the whole list again, and I didn't see doubloon or any sentence which would be senseless.

You better be more specific when you say such things.

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942