Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Punkbuster Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_eMuNiX

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:30 PM

I have pbweb.x86 and I am all upto date, but when I try to join a server it indicates that i do not have PB enabled. I go into console and type the usual 'seta cl_punkbuster 1' but it says that cl_punkbuster is read only. I don't get this problem with sv_punkbuster. The q3config.cfg indicates that it is enabled etc.......what should I do. I am running under Suse 9.1 (finally managed to get my ATI 9600 installed and running perfectly :) )

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:36 PM

/pb_cl_enable

its in the fscking manual

#3 Guest_eMuNiX

Posted 19 September 2004 - 09:38 PM

Tried that and no joy either, also tried pb_enable without success.

#4 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:08 PM

Then manually type seta cl_punkbuster "1" in the q3config.cfg. Be sure when you edit it the file is not read only. If it still fails then create a autoexec.cfg and place then command in it. (note: autoexec.cfg should be located in your q3ut3 directory. If it still fails then reinstall the PR. You should have 1.32. To verify 1.32 drop the console and check the version number on the lower right.

#5 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 19 September 2004 - 11:49 PM

well, there is a checkbox to enable pb in vanilla quake (at the server browser). that might be worth trying too.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_eMuNiX

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:16 AM

[quote name='"HoboHumpinSlut"]well' date=' there is a checkbox to enable pb in vanilla quake (at the server browser). that might be worth trying too.[/quote']Tried that no joy.

#7 Guest_eMuNiX

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:23 AM

Then manually type seta cl_punkbuster "1" in the q3config.cfg. Be sure when you edit it the file is not read only. If it still fails then create a autoexec.cfg and place then command in it. (note: autoexec.cfg should be located in your q3ut3 directory. If it still fails then reinstall the PR. You should have 1.32. To verify 1.32 drop the console and check the version number on the lower right.
Tried seta cl_punkbuster "1" in q3config.cfg, files aren't read only as have already set the necessary files with chmod 777, will try the autoexec.cfg. PR is 1.32b which is the latest PR, will try 1.32 instead.

#8 Guest_eMuNiX

Posted 20 September 2004 - 12:58 AM

[quote name='"eMuNiX"][quote="Mav"]Then manually type seta cl_punkbuster "1" in the q3config.cfg. Be sure when you edit it the file is not read only. If it still fails then create a autoexec.cfg and place then command in it. (note: autoexec.cfg should be located in your q3ut3 directory. If it still fails then reinstall the PR. You should have 1.32. To verify 1.32 drop the console and check the version number on the lower right.[/quote]Tried seta cl_punkbuster "1" in q3config.cfg' date=' files aren't read only as have already set the necessary files with chmod 777, will try the autoexec.cfg. PR is 1.32b which is the latest PR, will try 1.32 instead.[/quote']Tried autoexec no joy. Tried 1.32 rather than 1.32b and lost all mouse function until I put 1.32b back on. Also noticed that pbsv.cfg and pbsvuser.cfg are missing.

#9 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 20 September 2004 - 05:11 AM

You do have a pb folder in your quake3 folder. You can try manually updating pb, from www.evenbalance.com. Even send them a email requesting aid, they may know what you need to do.

#10 User is offline   Insane_Penquin (old) Icon

• Locationwaco, tx

Posted 20 September 2004 - 09:34 PM

this is kinda basic but are you running pbweb in the pb folder in your home directory?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942