• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Preview - Suburbs Updated Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:35 PM

I don't see the changes or is it bigger.
~ Cheers

xF.

#12 User is offline   Fl00d Icon

• Account: fl00d
  • Main tag: |gV|

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

I always loved this map, so much effort was put into it, and you have this feeling you are really there. GR8 :D

#13 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

Wow, i didn't expect such a response, thanks =)

"I don't see but is it still possible to get on the highest tower?" - that depends on what game mode you play, the tower can unbalance play so it only has a ladder for certain gametypes (off the top of my head I know TDM and FFA have it in play)

"Screenshots look dark - wonder if this was intentional? Will it affect game play much?" - Sup ace =D Yes, it is a bit darker than past releases.. The new lighting techniques make it so that you can have simulated 'darkness' by putting targetted colored lighting in strategic areas of the map to give areas that would be "too dark!" some extra added depth. This allows for more realistic lighting (think real like the movies, or a good action show), but at the same time doesn't interfere with player visibility. Tombs uses that technique as well.

"I always liked this map. I hope the fps issues will be tweaked so we can leave it in rotation. Looks really nice." - I would say yes - Twentyseven has done quite a bit of work on the renderer to make it much more optimized, and all the levels will have much better framerates.

-Shmink

#14 User is offline   n4n3rz Icon

• Account: n4n3rz

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

i'd like to note a couple things.

the motto of urt is fun over realism, and dark lighting in other games is fawhking annoying. just make the lighting visible pl0x.

will a lot of the new bumpmapping features be toggle-able in 4.2? because with mitsu's ioq3 bumpy i can't turn down graphics enough to get my normal out-of-ass 60 fps. soo, i use the vanilla renderer. anyway i have 800x600 and picmip 2 etc but with bumpy textures are visibly more defined and it hurts my fps. i just want to make sure this doesn't happen in 4.2. do you have any knowledge of this?

#15 User is offline   Yas Icon

• Account: yas

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:36 PM

congrats on the update shminks.

n4n3rz, use r_simpleshaders 1 ?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   n4n3rz Icon

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:34 AM

did that, it's still more detailed. :wacko:

#17 User is offline   Oxymoron Icon

• Account: oxymoron
  • Main tag: .um

Posted 02 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

So 4.2 is coming out soon then? Or just another tease? Or just gonna take some more time doing map upgrades ? Or weapons upgrades ? OR ................If that is the case, another year or so til the new release with all the maps there are to make modifications to???

#18 User is offline   ado Icon

• Account: ado

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

View PostOxymoron, on 02 July 2010 - 12:48 AM, said:

So 4.2 is coming out soon then? Or just another tease? Or just gonna take some more time doing map upgrades ? Or weapons upgrades ? OR ................If that is the case, another year or so til the new release with all the maps there are to make modifications to???

It's coming out in exactly 16 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours, 11.31 seconds and counting. Seriously, why even ask this? It obviously pisses the dev team off, and doesn't speed anything up. When it's done, it'll be out. Not everything goes smoothly; something that was once thought to take a few hours to develop might end up taking a few days, so putting out an estimate is only digging your own grave. Patience.

This post has been edited by ado: 02 July 2010 - 01:41 AM

#19 User is offline   emrcnd Icon

• Account: emrcnd

Posted 02 July 2010 - 02:43 AM

nice :dry:

#20 User is offline   n4n3rz Icon

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:26 AM

View Postado, on 02 July 2010 - 01:39 AM, said:

It's coming out in exactly 16 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours, 11.31 seconds and counting.

You forgot minutes -.-
nub

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942