Urban Terror Forums: How to make UrbanTerror use a SOCKS proxy ? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

How to make UrbanTerror use a SOCKS proxy ? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gnomesgames Icon

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Hi,

I'm currently connected to my workplace network, and I've only access to the Internet through an HTTP proxy. I managed to create a dynamic SSH tunnel to my computer at home, so i have a SOCKS proxy on localhost on the port 3128, that is not filtered.
How can i force UrbanTerror to use it ? I tried to change the values of "set socksServer" etc.. in the quake configuration file, but it doesn't seem to work (the UT console keep saying that it try to access localhost on the default UT port :().

Can somebody help me ?

(PS : Sorry for English mistakes, I'm French so my English isn't so good :s)

#2 User is offline   pinkme005 Icon

• Account: pinkme005

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

I get the same pulzze too....anyone could help me ?

#3 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:58 PM

Playing through an SSH tunnel would cause massive lag. Most likely not worth the trouble. Have you tried playing against bots?
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#4 User is offline   alino Icon

• Account: alino

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

View Postgnomesgames, on 12 July 2010 - 06:31 PM, said:

Hi,

I'm currently connected to my workplace network, and I've only access to the Internet through an HTTP proxy. I managed to create a dynamic SSH tunnel to my computer at home, so i have a SOCKS proxy on localhost on the port 3128, that is not filtered.
How can i force UrbanTerror to use it ? I tried to change the values of "set socksServer" etc.. in the quake configuration file, but it doesn't seem to work (the UT console keep saying that it try to access localhost on the default UT port :().

Can somebody help me ?

(PS : Sorry for English mistakes, I'm French so my English isn't so good :s)

Ok here my solution (network with UDP filtered and TCP behind transparent proxy)

You need an external Linux box with:
OpenSSH server
OpenVpn server
Dante(SOCKSv5) server

and Windows client with:
OpenVpn client
Putty client
Freecap

You know that UrbanTerror use only UDP packets and SSH tunnels are TCP only. So, you must first create a SSH tunnel (with Putty to an OpenSSH server) encapsulating it with Freecap (for auth proxy). After this you must configure OpenVpn server and client to work with TCP protocol and create VPN connection using ssh tunnel. After this you must configure Dante server to listen to the device tun0 (of VPN). Last thing you must launch Urban Terror using Freecap and encapsulate it to the IP address of VPN server to port 1080 (Dante server). Now you can get server list and play! The only problem I'm trying to solve is the massive lag.

Client VPN -> Server VPN 50ms
Server VPN -> Server Urbanterror 50ms

When I play PING is 250/300ms. Something is wrong....

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942