• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New sniper rifle on the workbench Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#11 User is offline   malkariss Icon

• Account: malkariss

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:51 AM

I dont know what everyones bching about... Its just a replacement and it looks better (in my opinion but thats just me). I think the reason the Devs are doing this is to freshen the game up for everyone and maybe to please the ppl coming from like COD or w/e since the SR8 looks outdated... Everything looks great! Love the new guns! Guys, they are adding the guns so there is more variety.. I find that the loadout guns are quite boring and love trying new things. These additions WON'T kill UrT...

#12 User is offline   KEYHOLE Icon

• Account: keyhole

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:53 AM

my sr8 will disapear :( :( :( sniff sniff im crying (barrett m-107 is the way) ;)
btw
all graphics in general look so way better WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by KEYHOLE: 17 August 2010 - 02:05 AM

#13 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

Awesome! It just looks like the scope was copy+pasted from the Sr8. Maybe something a little less shinier?
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#14 User is offline   woody Icon

• Account: woody

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:08 AM

View PostGalvanize, on 17 August 2010 - 01:40 AM, said:

Wouldn't it be better to implement the very necessary changes in the next version (4.2), and work on the more cosmetic and "luxurious" updates (for a 5.0 maybe) in the knowledge that the game is healthy?

Well,when 5.0 will come out in the near 2034,we can just hope it will have some body phisix...like in Postal:kill a guy,then shot his dead body just to see it bounce around.
So thats may be the main concern on the 5.0 ...

As i said it the first time:the sniper looks good,textures are nice,has lots of details...
But for me,an untrained eye,it looks like an ak47 with sniper scope on top,and a huge handle to change the bullet case.

#15 User is offline   s.e.t.i. Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: seti

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:43 AM

First of all, the devs are not losing themselves. The team is divided in departments. Here's the breakdown:

• Art - responsible for models, skins, model textures, sound, animation, and map making.
  • Development - responsible for engine and game code, including passport and anticheat. (Note: they are keeping just as busy with their work!!!)
  • Internal Testing - repsonsible for testing both Art And Code in realtime inside the game. Bug tracking, test organization and presentation.
  • Resource Management - We have a Wed Administration team consisting of our Unix Server Administrators (Web servers, Master servers, 4.2 Test Servers), web development and maintenance. This also includes the Forum and User Admins.

The Art team hit a few milestones with some new assets and wanted to show off some of the great stuff they've been working on. What the Art produces does not change or affect the existing functionality of the game. They've worked pretty hard to make some high quality products that will debut in 4.2, so please enjoy the artwork. :)
Cheers... s.e.t.i.
[img]http://www.urbanterr...ers/13.0.80.png[/img]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#17 User is offline   Codename97 Icon

• Account: codename97

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:26 AM

Yeah! Sr8 will be alright! (8)
4.2 will be legendary!

#18 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:48 AM

While you guys are working on the shaders for the weapon assets. Can something be done about the magnifier glasses in the scope? Make it like either reflective or transparent, or both. Kinda like to produce the same effect as they did in Crysis: Posted Image
Posted Image
Also about the textures for the weapons, is there any chances you guys can have weapons also to make use of the r_detailtextures cvar to load up bigger, more accurate, textures?

About the reflective shaders, this can obviously done in the io engine, as 27 has demonstrated a working implementation with the fancywater:

Reflective surfaces, such as windows or water, would actually add something to the gameplay (e.g. spot enemies using reflective mirror-like surfaces) other than the, overbrighted, exaggerated white windows (due to r_bloom) like that one in the screen shot that serves no gameplay purpose whatsoever. However, adding those 2 together might be very nice.
And speaking of light, it looks odd with 2 bright windows in the scene, and there is no shadow or dark side on the flag at all :tongue:

PS = The Crysis screenshot is probably 'bullshotted'.

Edit2 = s/Crysis/Farcry 2/g

This post has been edited by Nexu: 17 August 2010 - 05:49 AM

#19 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:55 AM

View PostJustMe..., on 17 August 2010 - 01:35 AM, said:

lol found this while searching FR-F1 on google..
Pic
isent that Sr8? well it sure looks like it and as i can see the chicks diggs it and so do i xD

Nah i think its more like... Umm i dont remember excat model but maybe scout tactical sv 98 (more compact, sr8 is higher). I fastly checked it on small phone screen lol :laugh:

But this new sniper change :blink: it confusing. Well i though that even more older sr8 (3.7 ? 2.7 ?) looked best. Well that sniper looks more powerfull and cooler but i doubt people take changes like this easily. Im going to damm you all if you are then too lazy to replace sounds too :laugh:

But one thing that confuses me the most is that first when i speak about replacing or tuning up old new sounds your are not doing that because of the origins/habbits/ you dont want to change anything from original too much but now you are changing whole weapon :blink: what the hell ?

Nobody ever said sr8 looks outdated.... Hands and ak103 skin are outdated !!!

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#20 User is offline   Solitary Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: solitary
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:10 AM

Looks great, and the sr8 did look outdated lol.

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942