Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

XP services Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   SiR (old) Icon

• LocationManchester UK

Posted 02 October 2004 - 06:05 AM

Somethin i've wondered for a while but not got around to askin is...

with a standard install of XP, I tend to have around 28 connections open. Many of them are 'services' that are running by default but aren't really needed.... now would having all these connections open, slightly effect the timing of packets bein sent and received by UrT and hence add to the perception of not hitting where you aim??

If so are there any XPerts who can advise on what services are needed to be running and what aren't??

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:22 AM

Timing of the packets is not that crucial. Packetloss would be. But I dont think those services will cause that.

#3 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 02 October 2004 - 12:26 PM

Pre SP2 I could get away with just 11 XP services starting up and running. Of course everyone's system is different and might need more or less. I disabled some of them because of security concerns... gg MS.

For info on what the services are and whether or not you can or should disable them, check out: http://www.blackviper.com/

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942