Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Eagle Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   alere123 Icon

• Account: alere123

Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:09 PM

Please can someone get rid of the glitch in the castle cable car on eagle it annoys when people use it even after you ask them kindly not to use it
[IMG]http://www.speedtest...t/914332465.png[/IMG] << MY SHITTY INTERNET

#2 User is offline   Haydugjr Icon

• Account: haydugjr

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:19 PM

What glitch?
Sorry, Caps-Lock broke there for a minute.

#3 User is offline   JAK Icon

• Account: jak

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

If you have an exploitable glitch people will use it.

#4 User is offline   RYRY46d9 Icon

• Account: ryry46d9
  • Main tag: Pb|

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:36 AM

Your best bet is to sneak up there and knife them. I can't speak for the 24/7 servers but I know most of them will warn, then ban for doing it. It's also a good idea to find out if that server has voice communication, So when your on the server you can notify a admin when this goes on, Plus it's the fastest way to get a hacker off the server :)

#5 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 20 August 2010 - 08:06 AM

There are 4 spots from which you can take out a guy behind that bulletproof glass.
1. Boathouse, sit in the left corner, peek out, and kill him. He can't even see you if he's deep in the glitch.
2. Truck, crouch right next to the right tire of the truck nearest to the boathouse. You'll get a nice view on the cable car depot. Again he can't even see you non the less shoot you.
3. Fence edge, you know that corner at the end of the bridge where red team likes to camp. They sit there and aim at blue team trying to cross the bridge. Well you're supposed to be 3 steps left, on the other side of that fence. Again, you get a nice view, but you're exposed to attacks from other sides so you have to be fast.
4. Boat under the boathouse. You don't stand in the boat, you stand to the left of it. But this is the worst spot of all cause you're exposed to snipers and people camping in water with tacs.

Go with the boathouse window, fastest and easiest way to kill a glitcher. I don't remember the last time i got got killed while shooting at someone behind the glitch from that spot.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   alere123 Icon

• Account: alere123

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:31 AM

Thanks Rav3n best help here but does anyone know if its ever going to be fixed cos its annoying
[IMG]http://www.speedtest...t/914332465.png[/IMG] << MY SHITTY INTERNET

#7 User is offline   Critofur Icon

• Account: critofur

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

EDIT: For heaven's sake, just shoot them when they pop up, it's good fun, nothing more - if the map maker didn't put it there intentionally, he should have!

Seems to me that it's not a glitch at all. Makes perfectly good sense to put a plate of bullet proof glass there and it's a lot of fun.

The only time it's a problem is for new players who don't know what's going on. When I play blue, it's not a problem for me - I know there are going to be SR-8 snipers up there regardless.

I wouldn't "fix" it, please leave it, it's really cool and lots of fun. Please don't stupidly call it a "cheat" either.

Thank you.

EDIT: "report to admin" - lame? That is ridiculous. Simply using the SR-8 in the first place seems more like "cheating" to me than taking refuge behind the bullet proof glass.

View Postalere123, on 19 August 2010 - 06:09 PM, said:

Please can someone get rid of the glitch in the castle cable car on eagle it annoys when people use it even after you ask them kindly not to use it

It annoys me when people continue to use SR-8 even after I kindly ask them not to use it.

View PostJAK, on 19 August 2010 - 10:38 PM, said:

If you have an exploitable glitch people will use it.

Rather than call that a glitch, I would complain about the jiggling back-and-forth like a spasmodic jellyfish to exploit the hit-detection weakness....

This post has been edited by Critofur: 26 April 2012 - 05:17 AM

#8 User is online   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Igor! How many times have I told you to stay away from the tool shed, you know perfectly well you just can’t resist the urge to dig up some corpses.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#9 User is offline   Critofur Icon

• Account: critofur

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostJRandomNoob, on 26 April 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

Igor! How many times have I told you to stay away from the tool shed, you know perfectly well you just can’t resist the urge to dig up some corpses.

I'm so tired of people that complain about "old threads". Worse than "trolls". Really, go to the library and tell them to throw out all the old books while you're at it?

These threads are relevant because we've got admins referencing them - I can hardly imagine something more stupid than banning a player for trying to find and utilize the best cool spots in games and I hate anyone who "fixes" spots like that on maps. Turnpike used to have really cool spots. It's still a good map, but it was a great one which was nearly ruined by those "fixes".

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942