Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Glossary of terms Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_n00b

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:17 AM

Here's a little convo that just happened on IRC, redacted a bit to remove joins and the like:
Apr 10 00:33:45 <|6th|d|i|g|i|t|a|l`mapping>	what does lightJuniro do?
Apr 10 00:33:55 <|6th|d|i|g|i|t|a|l`mapping>	lightJunior
Apr 10 00:55:37 <Shminky|maps>	lightjunior is a light that only affects the lightfrid
Apr 10 00:55:59 <Shminky|maps>	*grid
Apr 10 00:56:24 <|6th|d|i|g|i|t|a|l`mapping>	I don't know what the lightgrid is or does...
Apr 10 00:57:22 <Shminky|maps>	Non-displayed light that only affects dynamic game models, but does not contribute to lightmaps
Apr 10 00:58:16 *	|6th|d|i|g|i|t|a|l`mapping is unclear on many many aspects so far...
Apr 10 00:58:27 <|6th|d|i|g|i|t|a|l`mapping>	such as what a dynamic game model is =]
Apr 10 00:58:47 <|6th|d|i|g|i|t|a|l`mapping>	which makes me think a great resource for me would be a glossary of terms

As you can see, the conversation became a little, shall we say, recursive...

Anyhow, what I'm wondering is if anyone here knows of a wiki or something that has definitions for typical mapping terms, prefereably related to q3-based games, although if the terms are generic enough that's not a problem. I'm pretty comfortable getting around in radiant and compiling my maps and all, but when it comes time to ask a question I end up sounding like a complete jackass, partially because I don't know the terminology to frame my question in a coherent way or to understand the response.

Also, thanks to shminky for being so patient with me =]

#2 Guest_n00b

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:36 AM

lol nevermind

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942