• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shuls [R2] Rate Topic: -----

ut4_shuls_r2

#21 User is offline   mindriot Icon

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

View PostFleuv, on 29 October 2010 - 10:48 PM, said:

Yea I really can use some help on fixing the lighting at the ceiling. Look pictures..

For more uniform light from a light emitting shader, use this:

http://www.robotrene..._lightSubdivide

with this:

http://www.robotrene...ap_surfaceLight

#22 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

that bug? did you add a light entity set at a very high value, with hole in the wall of the map?

#23 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:34 PM

View Postmindriot, on 02 November 2010 - 11:42 PM, said:

Q3Map2 is not writing the .prt file during the BSP phase and it's skipping other stages like FaceBSP. I have no idea why, though this doesn't look right:

Size: 99999, 99999, 99999 to -99999, -99999, -99999

That means your map bounds are to the limits of Radiant which I've never seen. Maybe a corrupted map or something else.

One option is to review your install of Radiant and q3map2 using this guide:

http://gotdelirium.c..._GTKRadiant_1.5

Reasons:

1) I suspect you're compiling through Radiant, which tends to cause problems. You should use the 2.5.16 version along with an external program like q3map2toolz, both listed in the guide. It also provides greater control over compile options.

2) You have a lot of junk in your mapping directory. A fresh install will resolve most shader warnings you have and will eliminate the multiple shaderlist.txt files which some mappers incorrectly include in the .pk3.

Hmm,, you're probably right about that. Because I get the last few times GTKradiant errors and no, build error's. I'll give it a try.
~ Cheers

xF.

#24 User is offline   Sneaks Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: sneaks
  • Main tag: =-KMA-=

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

any luck? I want to know what could cause a map to exceed its bounds

This post has been edited by Sneaks: 05 November 2010 - 10:35 AM

#25 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:48 PM

:(:(:(

I tried your suggestion mindriot but it didn't work out. (sorry for waiting was gone for a while). I get the same error again so I think that isn't it and I did wrote a tutorial like that by myself so I really know how to have GTK1.5 installed.

xx plzz mooooorrrrrreeeeee help. Can't fix it by myself and I want first release!@
~ Cheers

xF.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:58 PM

It looks like the problem isn't the radiant. but the map itself because I can build other maps with my editor. But I can't build shuls totally.

edit:
omg I made a test_map atm and after a few builds i get the same error again. But if I undo the last moves, there was a entity I added before I started the last build and it works again. This brush was a func_rotating entity, I made a brush gave it his classname and selected a other already exiting func_rotating to copy his entity information to the new func_rotating. If this should work for shuls I would do/try it but I can't undo any more..

This post has been edited by Fleuv: 09 November 2010 - 04:36 PM

~ Cheers

xF.

#27 User is offline   FuN Icon

• Account: fun

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

Hi.

Check your entity list for brush-less func_'s or something like that. Indeed, this makes the build impossible.
"An apple a day keeps The Doctor away. That's why bananas are so good."
FuN aka Marsupilami

#28 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

View PostFuN, on 09 November 2010 - 06:49 PM, said:

Hi.

Check your entity list for brush-less func_'s or something like that. Indeed, this makes the build impossible.

I already did, I already tried so much but it won't fix. But thanks for your help anyway.

xx
~ Cheers

xF.

#29 User is offline   mindriot Icon

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:55 PM

Isolate and find the problem using a binary search.

1. Make a backup.
2. Delete half the map.
3. Compile.
4. Compile fail? Go to step 2 and repeat. Compile pass? Undo delete and delete other half. Go to step 3.

#30 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

No I think there is a easier way. By this way I could be working on it for days. Look I found on the internet this thread they describe the exact same problem that I've got. But than posts some one called: "Survivor" a solution to the problem of the thread starters I already had everything the same as he says but I only don't have a caulked box around my map, what is made with the hollow button. But on like this way:
Posted Image

Does this matter, I don't think so because it did work before.

btw/ps: They convinced me at that forum that there is something wrong with the error line i got that rule about: Size: 99999, 99999, 99999 to -99999, -99999, -99999. I think I think I've to do something with this it could be a coordinate error?!

xx
~ Cheers

xF.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942