• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Server setup guide & tools Rate Topic: -----

a resource kit

#41 User is offline   Zamy Icon

• Account: zamy

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:27 AM

If you are using iptables, check if the port for your server (27960 in this case) is open.
Seems you have binded it on localhost too, so it is not accessible via internet, just from localhost, so modify start.sh as follows:
/home/urt/urbanterror/ioUrTded.i386 +set fs_game q3ut4 +set dedicated 2 +set net_IP 0.0.0.0 +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 128 +set ttycon 0 +exec server.cfg

As you can see, i added
+set net_IP 0.0.0.0
whit this option, the game server is accessible via internet and by localhost too.

The option
+set ttycon 0
can be removed, it force the server to use a determined tty (if you need it).

If the master server can see you server, it will be added instantly in the list.

#42 User is offline   kuznec Icon

• Account: kuznec

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

27960 opened on the router, what else can ports need?
SELinux is disabled.
And why iptables need?

#43 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

kuznec please learn to use these forums properly and stop hijack the wrong threads with off-topic posts. This thread is for the collection of admin tools not for server support.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#44 User is offline   Pretender1988 Icon

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:14 PM

nitro can u check this out

https://bitbucket.or...-urt-custom/src

it has MaJ Moderator feature.
I am unable to compile though.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
"Treat Others The Way You Want To Be Treated"
"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"
[IMG]http://i1114.photobu...r1988/val-1.jpg[/IMG]
[img]http://cache.www.gam...E1B5_2E3226.png[/img]

#45 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

View Postpretender1988, on 12 July 2011 - 01:14 PM, said:

nitro can u check this out

https://bitbucket.or...-urt-custom/src

it has MaJ Moderator feature.
I am unable to compile though.

pretender this is a custom game client so I dont think it belongs on the server setup guide and tools thread. If you are having trouble compiling this you should start your own thread about it (probably best under general support forum) and tell us what kind of errors you run into whilst compiling it.

thanks
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   Pretender1988 Icon

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

View Postnitro, on 12 July 2011 - 08:55 PM, said:

pretender this is a custom game client so I dont think it belongs on the server setup guide and tools thread. If you are having trouble compiling this you should start your own thread about it (probably best under general support forum) and tell us what kind of errors you run into whilst compiling it.

thanks

Isnt it a custom server binary?

A custom build of ioQuake3 client and server for UrbanTerror, implementing security patches and new features grabbed from other projects

here some code which in server.h file located here
ioq3-urt-custom / code / server / server.h

And i was interested in this

extern cvar_t *sv_botpinghigh; // MaJ - maximum randomized bot ping.
extern cvar_t *sv_botpinglow; // MaJ - minimum randomized bot ping.

extern cvar_t *sv_allowradio; // MaJ - allow players to send radio commands.
extern cvar_t *sv_moderatorenable; // MaJ - 0 to disable all new mod features, 1 to enable them.
extern cvar_t *sv_moderatorremoteenable; // MaJ - 1 to allow moderator commands to be issued from out of game.
extern cvar_t *sv_moderatorpass[MAX_MOD_LEVELS]; // MaJ - Mod passwords for each mod level. (empty string for disabled)
extern cvar_t *sv_moderatorcommands[MAX_MOD_LEVELS]; // MaJ - Commands each ref is allowed to execute (separated by ,)
extern cvar_t *sv_disallowitemdrop; // MaJ - Don't allow players to drop items.
extern cvar_t *sv_disallowweapdrop; // MaJ - Don't allow players to drop weapons.

I will also point out my post wasnt a compiling help thread. I am sorry if that was the impression :unsure: .
I wanted to know your views or perhaps other community member who have come across this or something similar. The moderator feature would be cool. As Rambetter mentioned MaJ is AFK from past few months and its not in his project yet so i started digging to find something similar.

I was actually hoping it would make into Rambetter's Custom binary some day

Thanks for yur time.

P.S.

I was referring from here

View PostMaJ, on 10 January 2010 - 09:00 PM, said:

Here is what I have in my build. Would this interest anyone or is it just more of my rubbish? :P
Posted Image

Description:
When sv_moderatorenable is set to 1, clients can login as a moderator and issue mod commands much like Urban Terror's ref system.
The following commands are available to the client:
  • /modlogin <password> - Log in as a moderator using a password that determines the mod slot.
  • /mod <command> [arguments] - Issue a moderator command. e.g. "slap 2" or "say testtext"
  • /modlogout - Revert back to being a normal player.

The protocol for connectionless mod is just like rcon:
4 bytes of FF, followed by "mod ", followed by the mod password and a space, followed by the command.
To use this remote system, sv_moderatorremoteenable must be 1.

New server cvars:
  • sv_moderatorenable - 0 to disable all new mod features, 1 to enable them.
  • sv_moderatorpass1-9 - Mod passwords for each mod slot (empty string to disable the slot)
  • sv_moderatorcommands1-9 - Commands each mod is allowed to execute (separated by ,) e.g. "say,slap,togglemute,exec"
  • sv_moderatorremoteenable - 1 to allow moderator commands to be executed from out of game just like rcon.

New server commands:
  • listmods - Lists out all currently logged in moderators and their slot number. (Simalar to status)

"One of the greatest victories you can gain over someone is to beat him at politeness"

#47 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

pretender I am not trying to be rude so sorry if it comes across as that but either way you are still posting in the wrong place and hijacking this thread...

I see now it does support server aswell however it would be best if you created your own thread to get proper support rather than piggy backing of this one.

as for my view on the matter - urban terror supports a referee system however this does not allow out of game commands. secondly if you want out of game control use the Remote control (RCON) feature thats built into the game. as mentioned in the first post try something like HSLW for remote admin support. I use PyQuake3 for my remote admin needs.

#48 User is offline   Pretender1988 Icon

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

thanks for your opinion.
And i will add Thats a very nice list u made. Helped me a lot.

Cheers

This post has been edited by pretender1988: 13 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

#49 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

www.zeropingservers.com

My signature has the details.

This post has been edited by Runamuk: 16 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

#50 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:55 PM

View PostRunamuk, on 16 July 2011 - 11:52 PM, said:

www.zeropingservers.com

My signature has the details.

still not loading, like I said you should start talking to your ISP and lawyer, Range IP banning only affects you and your customers and makes the attacker win.

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942