Urban Terror Forums: [Release] BanBot 1.1 for UrT released! - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

[Release] BanBot 1.1 for UrT released! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Zamy Icon

• Account: zamy

Posted 08 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

After months of work, i am proud to announce the first official release of BanBot (1.1).

Posted Image

What is it?
An open-source bot that is designed to be simple and to use few resources of the machine thus to avoid causing unwanted "lags" on server,
that are usually side-effects of programs of this type.
Made to control the game Urban Terror 4.1, it integrates and uses the SQLite3 library to contain your
data: spite this it is completely independent and requires no pre-installed software.

Designed also for those who rent game servers, it can control more than one server with only
one instance, in a totally isolated manner from each other: we tested it up to 5 servers.
It stays good and quiet when not needed and keeps your server clean.

It offers many useful tools for server administrators, for example:
* Anticheat, with different levels of security
* Permanently bans (also with motive)
* Kick, slap, etc.
* Force players to change team
* Automated backup of log files (divided in folders with date)
* Change current map and the next one

Also:
* Comands accept parts of player's nick
* Recognition of admins (they can use fakes)
* Auto-reload options (you can change his configuration whitout restart it)

And more!

If it is correctly configured, we guarantee that it will never crash.

For downloads and more informations, visit our site: http://www.2s2h.com

Try it, and you'll love it!

A beta-tester sad about BanBot:

"BanBot is an excellent bot for Urt servers.You don't need to be an expert to use it. Its controls are simple and essential. Useful to manage your server easily and effectively. It also comes with a good anticheat: in my server it has already banned five players, including two of major clans. It would be perfect with the addition of a command to set passwords on the server, but I think it will come soon too. A good bot, I recommend it to everyone."

Thanks to:

At this point it is only right to thank everyone who helped us, especially:

clans =IvN=, @lbs, SdP and |NN| for being our beta-testers and for their tips,
Mission85, ObScUrE, don, Kalish and Decoy for their precious help.

@Moderators: can you sticky this topic pls? Tnx =)

This post has been edited by Zamy: 08 October 2010 - 07:49 PM

#2 User is offline   Rayne Icon

• Account: rayne

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:46 PM

Interesting, a working anticheat? I see Uncle is reading this, we gona test this?

#3 User is offline   Zamy Icon

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

We have tested it for months.
His limit is the "server side" anticheat: it finds only "stupid" cheats.

This post has been edited by Zamy: 08 October 2010 - 05:56 PM

#4 User is offline   Unclefragger Icon

• Account: unclefragger

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:14 PM

I peeked into the code real quick (the .tar.gz file on the download page) and I got few comments and questions.

So it's written in c++ and there is only a linux x86 binary in the english zip download.

What methods other then a check for an empty guid do you use to prevent cheaters automatically from connecting to your server? (only saw that one in the code)

Maybe you should describe how your ban mechanism works, you automatically ban IP and nick, when a changed guid from that ip connects it gets banned too I guess, but couldn't really follow the procedure.

You're code is using a lot of comments and variable names written in italian, this makes reading or even altering the code for people like me who don't speak you're language really hard (also it's tiring so I did not read the whole thing).

Edit for Rav3n: ye no I'm not gonna test this, we depend on b3 for cool stats, lots of db stuff and a few system addons

This post has been edited by Unclefragger: 08 October 2010 - 06:18 PM

#5 User is offline   Zamy Icon

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:24 PM

For the moment, yes, it check only guid (in the code there are also some other tests, but "deactivated" thus they're still experimental).
The 1.2 will check everything, and will recognize what cheat i used (we are starting tests to detect rules).

The precomplied bot comes with an x86 binary for convenience, if you have a different hardware you can compile the bot on your machine.

Mecchanism of bans lightly depends on the strict level set, but generally:
everytime a banned user try to enter the server, BanBot updates datas about the player (ip,nick, guid): so, if he changes the nick, the nick will be updated, same for ip and guid

Due to dynamic ip, it is considered valid (in ban sense) only for an hour.
Ban for nick, depending on strict level, isn't considered, it's valid for an hour, or it's valid forever depending on the strict level.
Guid i always a valid ban.

In the future this rules will be more flexible (expecially for the ip, not entire world has dynamic ip).

Another thing: the =IvN= clan is using it with mandingo: 2 bots on the same server (BanBot as anticheat, mandingo for stats), and they have no problems.

Edit:

View PostUnclefragger, on 08 October 2010 - 06:14 PM, said:

You're code is using a lot of comments and variable names written in italian, this makes reading or even altering the code for people like me who don't speak you're language really hard (also it's tiring so I did not read the whole thing).

Sure, you're right and sorry for this. In the future probably i'll translate those too.

This post has been edited by Zamy: 08 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942