• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Coming back to q3ut... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   west| (old) Icon

• LocationCampbell River, BC, Canada

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:06 PM

I'm sure only a few people will remember me, but I went by the name of =AI=west|, and west| way back (2.4 - 2.6a, played 3.0 a few times).

I quit playing about May 2003, because I got caught up in an MMOFPS called PlanetSide, and I've been playing it pretty hardcore since. Getting a bit bored of PS, so I thought I'd check out q3ut again.

After downloading all the files, I played a bit of CTF, 4v4. Game is still fun, with some nice improvements :)

Anyways, I'll prob be playing q3ut for the next couple of weeks and see if I want to play it hardcore like i used to :P

Lookin forward to seeing people i played with a year ago on the servers ;)

#2 Guest_[PoD]Addicted

Posted 13 April 2004 - 04:45 PM

I tried Planetside ...

Bad enough I am addicted to Urban Terror which is pure FPS Crack

Planetside is like Heroin ... I stepped off after my first session lasted until 6am.

I'm half way to Battle Rank 3 .. must keep ....playing !!!!

It is a sick sick game. Nothing like attacking a base with 100 other people, tanks, and mobile spawn units, then looking up at the sky to see another ton of vehicles fighting up there and dropping bombs.

Welcome Back !

#3 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:11 PM

That sounds pretty cool. I looked at their website and it appears you have to sign up and pay monthly in order to play, is this true? How can I get the game? I didn't see any download information.

#4 Guest_[PoD]Addicted

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

Yep it is like 12 bucks a month, one reason I never went fully into it.

That is 144 bucks a year mang ! I could not get any of my Urban terror friends to play with me so I dropped it.

You can go sign up for a 5 day Trial. Then I think you can download the whole thing, and go straight to subscription, without paying for the retail copy.

This pisses off the Planetside guys that have paid for it. But oh Well Sony did that with EverCrack too.

#5 User is offline   west| (old) Icon

• LocationCampbell River, BC, Canada

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:19 PM

Addicted"]I tried Planetside ...

Bad enough I am addicted to Urban Terror which is pure FPS Crack

Planetside is like Heroin ... I stepped off after my first session lasted until 6am.

I'm half way to Battle Rank 3 .. must keep ....playing !!!!

It is a sick sick game. Nothing like attacking a base with 100 other people, tanks, and mobile spawn units, then looking up at the sky to see another ton of vehicles fighting up there and dropping bombs.

Welcome Back !

Yea, best part of PS is the variety of gameplay. Ie, you can join a large force in a tank, or do some behind the lines sabotage type stuff. and btw, you can get br3 in about 10 mins in the VR training, just use every weapon :P

[quote name='"Killah Philah"]That sounds pretty cool. I looked at their website and it appears you have to sign up and pay monthly in order to play' date=' is this true? How can I get the game? I didn't see any download information.[/quote']

Yea, PS costs 13$ a month US, and it pays for patches, tech support, etc. Patches come out pretty much every few weeks, so it's worth it.

You can try PS with a 7day trial from fileplanet. http://www.fileplane...00/127374.shtml

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 13 April 2004 - 05:32 PM

Thanks for the info and links! :)

I may give it a shot, it sounds really fun. unfortunately there is no way they will ever be able to squeaze $12 bucks a month out of my tight ass. lol.

#7 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 13 April 2004 - 06:30 PM

Pay to play will never be fully accepted, gamers are too tight or too broke to continue to feed a company to play their game..

#8 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 13 April 2004 - 07:29 PM

I don't know, I'm just not willing to accept paying a monthly fee (sometimes upwards of $30 CND) to play a game. I guess if I was paying this kind of money I would have to spend all my time playing it.

#9 User is offline   Mort The Insane (old) Icon

• LocationVancouver, B.C., Canada

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:24 AM

West convinced me a while back to try PS... so I downloaded the free trial, but Sony had decided to not allow you to choose where to install it to, so seeing as how my C: drive only has my OS on it... I couldn't install it. GG SONY!

WB dude!

#10 Guest_Vind1cate

Posted 14 April 2004 - 01:31 PM

West!! I remember you :D I quit playing right after you. I started up Zt|, and quit after the first full season a year ago. I just reinstalled 3 days ago, and have decided to give UrT another go.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942