Urban Terror Forums: Problem with sound and control interference? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Problem with sound and control interference? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   raada Icon

• Account: raada

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hi all,
I am experiencing following troubles:

1) Sometimes all the sounds go out. When this happens and I want to exit the game, the game freeze and I have to kill it (if I am lucky to be able to get back to my OS).

2) Sometimes when I join new game on the network, it looks like somebody else is driving my player. It moves (looks like almost randomly) without me touching a keyboard and when I touch it, the player does not respond reasonably (slow movements, crashing into invisible obstacles which makes movement very difficult and so on).

System: Ubuntu 9.10, Dell inspiron 1545, UT 4.1

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
R

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 14 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

Both may be severe network issues side effects. is lag meter ugly?

#3 User is offline   Silver Swords Icon

• Account: silverswords

Posted 14 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

i had the same problems regarding sound and freezing. try changing audio from pulse to alsa (or the other way round).
look for these packages in synaptic package manager.. libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio and libsdl1.2debian-alsa

good luck.
Smiles open many doors.

#4 User is offline   flashman Icon

• Account: flashman

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

View Postraada, on 13 October 2010 - 07:20 PM, said:

Hi all,
I am experiencing following troubles:

1) Sometimes all the sounds go out. When this happens and I want to exit the game, the game freeze and I have to kill it (if I am lucky to be able to get back to my OS).

2) Sometimes when I join new game on the network, it looks like somebody else is driving my player. It moves (looks like almost randomly) without me touching a keyboard and when I touch it, the player does not respond reasonably (slow movements, crashing into invisible obstacles which makes movement very difficult and so on).

System: Ubuntu 9.10, Dell inspiron 1545, UT 4.1

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
R

Hi I have the same trouble here on Ubuntu 9.10 (I have MSI CX600, UrT 4.1). Perhaps it's Ubuntu trouble.

#5 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

Nope its not only ubuntu problem. What i FEEL is that the 4.1 build is so old and new OS's are not so supported. I have sometimes lag where my ping jumps from 0 to 999 and fps everything randomly. Game lags, sounds lag and loop, controls wont correspond or i meet some of those "invisible walls". It goes away and comes back like in waves (10sec no lag, lagggg, 10 secs, laggg, 10 sec lagg, 10 sec, lag) note amount of G = more lag. It like fades away at time (each lag lasts from 1 minute to 7 min)

As i said totaly random for me. I suggest you TRY some special build. Im gonna try bumpy at some point.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

View Postthewonderboy, on 17 November 2010 - 12:51 PM, said:

Nope its not only ubuntu problem. What i FEEL is that the 4.1 build is so old and new OS's are not so supported. I have sometimes lag where my ping jumps from 0 to 999 and fps everything randomly. Game lags, sounds lag and loop, controls wont correspond or i meet some of those "invisible walls". It goes away and comes back like in waves (10sec no lag, lagggg, 10 secs, laggg, 10 sec lagg, 10 sec, lag) note amount of G = more lag. It like fades away at time (each lag lasts from 1 minute to 7 min)

As i said totaly random for me. I suggest you TRY some special build. Im gonna try bumpy at some point.

4.1 Linux binaries builds were originally done when Linux distributions were using all OSS/ALSA. Long before PulseAudio came and ruin the whole "gaming audio on Linux" thing. So needless to say it's untested in an PulseAudio environment which lots of distributions (among Ubuntu) is shipping with by default nowadays.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942