Urban Terror Forums: How many up for another community challenge? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How many up for another community challenge? Rate Topic: -----

Gauging interest for another mapping challenge

#1 User is offline   Drewfin Icon

• Account: drewfin

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:02 PM

Not much going on here in a while, I was kinda hoping to see some kind of official development or a new one of Delirium's challenges by now, but I guess everybody is busy with other things.

I'm personally feeling like I'm about ready for another 9-day challenge, and if enough others are as well, I'm willing to go ahead and officiate again.

So please let me know if you are:

1. - Itching to do another challenge. You can totally count me in

2. - Interested, but it would depend on which days/what type of challenge/some other reason (please explain!)

3. - Count me out

If you're interested and there's anything at all that would change your mind from a 'maybe' to a 'for sure', please mention it. I'm open to whatever makes the challenge enjoyable for the largest number of people and encourages the most involvement.

If you have any new ideas for what the competition should be, post in the challenge ideas thread:

http://forums.urbant...hallenge-ideas/

Assuming there's enough interest, I would intend to run things pretty much the same as last time - UNLESS there are things I can change that would make people more likely to participate. Again, I'm open to about any adjustment that makes things more fun or brings in more people.

#3 User is offline   Rylius Icon

• Account: rylius
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:37 PM

I'd be in, but probably not in November. Mapping screwed my NaNoWriMo novel last year, so I'm not gonna risk that again hehe

#5 User is offline   blackhounter Icon

• Account: blackhounter

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

2 i will try to count but i have school to, so i make sometimes a lot of hours a day and can't work the whole day for the map
sry if my englisch is bad

mapper Wolf

[MI6] is searching for members if you want to join just pm me we alreaddy got 3 members but they need to register first o.O

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   Drewfin Icon

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:02 PM

View PostJohnnyenglish, on 03 November 2010 - 08:49 PM, said:

... but not bridge related.

Yeah, I'd probably pull a veto on repeating the same thing, so no problem there.

View PostRylius, on 03 November 2010 - 10:37 PM, said:

I'd be in, but probably not in November. Mapping screwed my NaNoWriMo novel last year, so I'm not gonna risk that again hehe

Would the first full week of December work better?

#8 User is offline   Drewfin Icon

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:05 PM

View Postv3nd3tta, on 03 November 2010 - 10:56 PM, said:

well, atm i got much to do, but what's about a contest when 4.2 / HD is out?
would be perfect training to map correctly on bumpy and more stuffz.

I haven't been following the 4.2 development very closely lately, is there a timeframe for release? That would be a great time to start a getting-to-know-bumpy type challenge.

#9 User is offline   Drewfin Icon

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

View Postblackhounter, on 04 November 2010 - 09:20 AM, said:

2 i will try to count but i have school to, so i make sometimes a lot of hours a day and can't work the whole day for the map

What Delirium started doing and what I continued to do is spread the challenge over 9 days, starting with a Saturday and ending with a Sunday. The logic is that there are 5 weekdays and 4 weekend-days, so people who work on the week get as many weekend days as possible, and vice-versa. It's not expected that you have to map every day, if you can only put in a few days, that's fine as well.

#10 User is offline   Drewfin Icon

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

View PostHappyday, on 04 November 2010 - 10:26 AM, said:

For me it depends on the type of challenge. I'm not that keen on another 'make it as detailed/good looking as possible' kind of thing.

Definitely not doing a big super-high detail thing like that Cathedral. I agree with you that doing that doesn't really help with making a good map.

I'm all for the layout thing. It would be quick and fun to work on basic brushwork and not worry about texturing

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942