Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Server Scripting Rate Topic: -----

Server Scripting Help PLEASE

#1 User is offline   parallel Icon

• Account: parallel

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

Hey All this is my first post but I need help I have a server with hypernia and I am wondering what are some cool scripts for my server and if it is possible to set up b3 on my rcon server I want a script so I can get a cool thing like rules while im not there my server will automatically say teh rules.. like

/rcon bigtext "^2SERVER RULES"
/rcon say "^5(1) ^6NO CHEATING/HACKING WILL BE TOLERATED

etc.

and if I could learn how to do the rainbow effect thing like "n00bsy b00bsy" and it changes colors fast I want to know If I can script that..

THANKS ALL!

#2 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

View Postparallel, on 04 November 2010 - 10:57 AM, said:

Hey All this is my first post but I need help I have a server with hypernia and I am wondering what are some cool scripts for my server and if it is possible to set up b3 on my rcon server I want a script so I can get a cool thing like rules while im not there my server will automatically say teh rules.. like

/rcon bigtext "^2SERVER RULES"
/rcon say "^5(1) ^6NO CHEATING/HACKING WILL BE TOLERATED

etc.

and if I could learn how to do the rainbow effect thing like "n00bsy b00bsy" and it changes colors fast I want to know If I can script that..

THANKS ALL!

Hypernia will not allow you to run scripts on their servers. you are renting a game not a dedicated machine.
the rainbow effect is done via a script created to run via cron and use something like multircon or pyQuake3.
Its still possible that you can do this via an external pc, for example your home pc, but you would have to leave it on 24/7 if you wanted it to constantly send out messages.

if you use windows you could download a Quake3 rcon tool such as HSLW which allows you too create server message that will be repeated hourly.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942