• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Auto-MBL System For Server Admins Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   war59312 (old) Icon

• LocationU.S.A

Posted 14 April 2004 - 01:50 AM

Auto-MBL System For Server Admins:

PunksBusted.com The internet’s largest anti-cheat and most popular, Punk Buster© support web site, has officially gone live with the new Auto-Master Ban List System (Auto-MBL), for game server administrators. This is a fully automated, secure, real time spooling of the Punk Buster logs directly from your server to the master database. It stops cheaters in their tracks across a large number of game servers.

What Does this mean?

Cheaters detected by the Punk Buster software from our admin member servers, are collected, sorted and updated to the Master Ban List (MBL) automatically.

Your server’s ban list is automatically updated and kept current with our automated download feature at a time and period of your choosing. A cheater caught today will not be playing within hours on all servers using the MBL, Period!

The Auto-MBL FTP updating software is available for both Windows and Linux-based servers. (Or update manually, if the auto-updating feature is not possible with your setup).

Screen shot MD5 checksums and timestamps are automatically stored in our repository, so that there will never again be a doubt as to the authenticity of a PB screen shot. It eliminates accusations of fake screen shots. PunksBusted’s repository will verify it’s integrity without question.
Any admin is free to manually retrieve the MBL from the Punksbusted web site. All server admins and leagues are encouraged to use the MBL, whether they are contributing members or not.

Please take some time to read more about this major step forward and explore the PunksBusted Web Site. Note the assistance we offer to admins to keep their servers running smoothly with Punk Buster and as cheat free as possible.

This streaming repository system, is a new and very powerful tool to curb online cheaters.

A dedicated team on the staff at PunksBusted has been working hard from the beginning, with Even Balance, preparing this new feature. They have now completed and tested the Master Repository server backend and updating software portion to compliment it.

This new system offers a secure accurate method of keeping cheaters out of your servers, by combining your log output with many hundreds and soon to be thousands of game servers all over the world specifically for the games you run on your servers.

It allows the PunksBusted Repository server, to collect the PB cheat detections in real time, as they happen, from all servers that sign on with us. Within hours, the cheater won’t be playing on any server using the Auto-MBL. All it takes is a registered admin account with us and few lines added to your PB configuration to contribute.

To take full advantage of the system, a specialized program was developed for your game server to ftp download from the MBL directly to your servers ban list, at pre-scheduled times that you choose.

As an alternative, you don’t have to be a contributing admin member to copy and use the MBL manually from our web site. However the web based MBL will be days old as compared the hourly updated Auto-MBL system.

Download:

http://punksbusted.c...p?name=Auto_MBL

More Info:

http://punksbusted.c...ame=Auto_MBL_HC

Master Ban List:

http://www.punksbust...Master_Ban_List

#2 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 14 April 2004 - 01:20 AM

Well done.

#3 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 14 April 2004 - 07:45 AM

I've been meaning to look at setting this up, just have never got around to it.

#4 Guest_DiOtRo

Posted 25 April 2004 - 04:17 PM

That is a bit scary. I like the idea, but what if I get a cd-key error when my bro enters my server on the lan. I don't have 2 Q3A Cd-keys.

Hmm...

#5 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:00 PM

I assume this is for permanent "hax" bans and not for shortterm pb_init and cdkey problems.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:56 PM

Idd =]

#7 User is offline   J0E (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:48 AM

Nice 1, saves me a lot of work :)

#8 Guest_OziOn

Posted 29 April 2004 - 02:15 AM

Very nice! Hurray for anti-cheat!

#9 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 29 April 2004 - 04:27 PM

That is a bit scary. I like the idea, but what if I get a cd-key error when my bro enters my server on the lan. I don't have 2 Q3A Cd-keys.

Hmm...

I bought a key for my brother =)

#10 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 13 May 2004 - 01:58 AM

Just curious, how do you buy another key and how much does it cost?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942